PDA

View Full Version : More tattoo stuff...

kemp
10-19-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm not even sure how I came across this, but OMG...these people are very serious about their tattoos. Not for the squeamish...you've been warned!

http://deputy-dog.com/2007/08/24/top-10-physically-modified-people-2/

auburnchick
10-19-2007, 02:46 PM
I really must stay in my conservative corner of the internet. Very strange indeed.

Silver
10-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Now obviously I'm all for tattoos and piercings, but there comes a point when it is no longer a form of expression. Instead, it's a mental illness. :ick:

iza
10-19-2007, 03:03 PM
:ick: I agree Silver. I wonder if these cases would qualify as body dysmorphic disorder? :??

PaperGirl
10-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Dude, I am TOTALLY for tattooing, peircing, whatever...

But this....just makes me want to turn away and shake my head.

I just have no words. None. :doh:

kemp
10-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I agree with all of you. Seems way overboard to me. It was quite a shock to see all of that body modification in one place.

The lady that had the skin disease though...I could see how she ended up doing what she did.

Jan in CA
10-19-2007, 03:50 PM
:shock: :noway: :ick:

HollyP
10-19-2007, 04:08 PM
:thud:holy body modification Batman! I can't believe what some people will do to their bodies.

Silver
10-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Now if someone covered their body in one big tattoo that looked like knitted stockingette, THAT wouldn't be weird at all. :teehee:

bobi1218
10-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Now if someone covered their body in one big tattoo that looked like knitted stockingette, THAT wouldn't be weird at all. :teehee:

Oh yeah, now THAT would be cool :)

PaperGirl
10-19-2007, 04:41 PM
The lady that had the skin disease though...I could see how she ended up doing what she did.

My husbands friend owns a tattoo shop, and his mother does permanent makeup...shes done tattoos for women who have lost breasts, and they are just gorgeous.

As for the leopard man, and the tiger man..and OMG the skull head..

I mean, hey, its your body, you do what you want, but honestly, dont expect people to squeal with glee over something that is so intense and IN YOUR FACE.

I couldnt do something like that cause I hate being stared at. It makes me so uncomfortable.

Sharly
10-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Um...don't you know their mothers are proud of them? I wish they had their baby pictures next to each one of them.

Think there is more at play here than self-expression...:shrug:?

meearnol
10-19-2007, 06:09 PM
I thought the lady with the skin problem was kind of an interesting story, too. She's probably the only one who I understand.

My ex-boyfriend knows Pauly Unstoppable and was inspired by him to get a ****-ton of piercings. When we broke up he had his ears stretched to about an inch, his septum stretched to a 2ga, a labret piercing, and 6 piercings below the neck. Since then he's gotten the bridge of his nose pierced (eww) and "snakebites." Those are the ones on the bottom lip that look like you got caught by a fisherman. And that's not even mentioning the tattoos, all of which focus on yo-yoing.

He was an odd one, that guy.

kellyh57
10-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Wonder how much money they've poured into this. Think of how better they could've used it....

Kelly

iwouldratherbeknitting
10-20-2007, 12:44 AM
I always wonder what type of JOB they do??

Itsabtme
10-20-2007, 01:10 AM
IMHO, to each his/her own, but :noway: I can think of lots of less painful ways to draw attention to myself.....:shrug:just my opinion....yikes

Dangles
10-20-2007, 04:54 AM
:noway: :ick:

I don't mind tatoos but that is ...

kemp
10-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Wonder how much money they've poured into this. Think of how better they could've used it....

Kelly

Yeah! Think of the amount of yarn we could buy with what they've spent on tattoos!:roflhard:

kemp
10-20-2007, 11:08 AM
I thought the lady with the skin problem was kind of an interesting story, too. She's probably the only one who I understand.

My ex-boyfriend knows Pauly Unstoppable and was inspired by him to get a ****-ton of piercings. When we broke up he had his ears stretched to about an inch, his septum stretched to a 2ga, a labret piercing, and 6 piercings below the neck. Since then he's gotten the bridge of his nose pierced (eww) and "snakebites." Those are the ones on the bottom lip that look like you got caught by a fisherman. And that's not even mentioning the tattoos, all of which focus on yo-yoing.

He was an odd one, that guy.

Wow...since you knew someone like that personally, any idea as to why he felt the need to do all of that?

jodstr2
10-20-2007, 04:23 PM
:?? I"m all for expression, as there's a lot of really bad stuff a person could be into otherwise (substances) but wow. just, umm, wow. :zombie:
should any of them ever decided they don't like any part of it anymore, they're pretty much up s**t creek.
just 'cuz I'm so nosey, I clicked on the NSFW pic of Pauly Unstoppable. YOWZA.

Knitting_Guy
10-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I have a few tats myself, but ummmmm, the last I checked the words moderation and sensible are still in the dictionary.

meearnol
10-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Wow...since you knew someone like that personally, any idea as to why he felt the need to do all of that?

I can't speak for all of the people who do things like that, but his claim was always "I do it for myself," but I'm pretty sure he did it for shock value. I say this because he also had a 6 inch tall mohawk. He was a bit of an attention whore. But, it got the job done, and it didn't hurt anyone.

rosefields
10-20-2007, 06:45 PM
WOW! :oo:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-20-2007, 09:10 PM
did everyone watch the tongue splitting video???? I couldn't take it.

kristinw
10-20-2007, 09:46 PM
oh.my.god. I am truly speechless.

hummingbird
10-21-2007, 07:06 PM
The worst part of that was all the horrible comments that were left. I just don't understand why people insist on hating others just because they are different.

msoebel
10-22-2007, 10:40 AM

You go first!:teehee:

I once saw a picture of a woman who had a masectomy. She had a GORGEOUS tatoo of blue flowers all down her scar, wrapping around her back. It was breathtaking. Really, really lovely.

People who go to such trouble to "modify" their appearance (who am I kidding? They didn't modify their appearance...they blew it up and started from scratch!!!!) are generally people who dislike themselves so much that they don't want anyone to know how deep it goes. So they do this kind of stuff for two reasons: To separate themselves from what they don't like about themselves. To tell all the people of the world that they think can't like them, "So what! I don't need you anyway!"

People who do this generally don't believe anyone would notice them if they didn't do this...and when people do notice them, they don't want them to really see them. Because then "they" might notice what they are hoping to hide. It's so complex...

Kaydee
10-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Well I'm for anyone expressing themselves how they want but this seems a little over the top. The facial implants, and changing the teeth and everything. It has to be for the shock value. Any um, did the leopard man have his ehm, willy tattooed? Or was that part of the 1% of him untattooed?

kemp
10-22-2007, 03:01 PM
did everyone watch the tongue splitting video???? I couldn't take it.

I didn't even try! I knew I'd probably have trouble with it.

meearnol
10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
People who go to such trouble to "modify" their appearance (who am I kidding? They didn't modify their appearance...they blew it up and started from scratch!!!!) are generally people who dislike themselves so much that they don't want anyone to know how deep it goes.

I respectfully disagree. I'm sure there are people out there who modify their appearance for this reason, but I think it is unrealistic to assume it's true for everyone who does it. I have extensive tattoos, and I don't feel like I dislike myself at all. Even the ex-boyfriend who I mentioned above didn't have self-esteem problems. He just liked to shock people.

I think that trying to explain why someone would want to tattoo/pierce their body more than the social norm accepts is akin to trying to explain why someone's favorite color is blue. It is because it is.

That's not to say I'm going to go get scales tattooed on my face. :teehee:

knittingymnast
02-10-2008, 06:50 PM
freeeeeaky! :passedout:

after shot number 2 down from the top, i couldnt keep going. im gunna puke......