PDA

View Full Version : Moose Tracks Retro Slippers

callmesusan
10-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to get back with instructions for this slipper. The pattern I use was actually paid for but this pattern (http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/maggieslippers.html) is very almost identical. I think the pattern I use has a few less garter stitch rows and a few more rib rows--you can decide for yourself; it is not critical and could be personal preference I suppose. These slippers are quite stretchy, so I recommend going smaller rather than larger when measuring to your foot.

This is a fun pattern that you can stylize any way that pleases you. The "Moose Tracks" are my own design for my son-in-law's b'day. I wanted to man them up a wee bit therefore the tab and button. Since the first photo, I added a crochet border on the top and whip stitch around the "buckle." Each slipper takes me about 1 1/2 hours to finish and some for the decorative effects. I use nice acrylic, double stranded, so they are cozy and easy care to give as gifts.

To make the button tab:

CO 8st (double strand) (CO more or less to suite your slipper)
Row 1 k all st
Row 2 k2, yo, k2tog, k to end
Row 3 k all st
Row 4 BO loosely

Cheers!

Suziblues
10-21-2007, 06:44 PM
THANK YOU so much. I am going to start to make some for my mother tonight.
I showed her the pair you made and she loved them.

THANX!
sue

callmesusan
10-21-2007, 07:04 PM
You are very welcome. I know you will both enjoy!

Debkcs
10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Thank you so much for posting the link to the slippers. Hate to be a nudge, but where did the pattern that you bought come from? If it's still available, I'd like to purchase it.

Thanks!

sue in canada
10-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Thank you very much for all the information

AnotherBecca
10-22-2007, 04:09 AM
Very cool! I love them!

Lima
10-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Congrates! Looks good! I like a style:heart:

Babyduck87
10-22-2007, 04:47 PM
thank you thank you! i cant wait to start them! :cheering:

Miss Moosey
10-22-2007, 06:15 PM
I read this post because I thought that it would be about moose and I got really excited (in case you can't tell, I like moose).

But I'm still excited even though the post isn't about moose because I can't wait to try out these slippers! I have been looking for a pattern like this for ages!!

Thanks!
Rebecca