PDA

View Full Version : Read about all on your own..

usamacka
10-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Dear Knitters,
I haven't posted much for awhile. Haven't stopped knitting but was preoccupied with a new adventure. I left the United States to spend some time in Slovenia, living in the country my grandparents emigrated from in the 1900's. I took early retirement from teaching in June 2007 and decided I would do something totally different. So here I am. Any knitters familiar with Slovenia? I brought alot of needles with me, some stashes of yarn from home, and am sure I will be buying more. I have lots of time here...trying to adjust to a totally new life. Knitting will be my companion for awhile!

My best to all!
Lep pozdrav iz sloveniji!
Mary Pat aka USAMACKA (which means cat from the usa)

Sharly
10-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Wow! Sounds exciting! I don't know a thing about Slovenia, but hope you are happy and enjoying your new venture!!

dustinac
10-23-2007, 05:17 PM
How cool!! Most people say one day I will go here or I will do this but then they don't... I think it's so neat that you just decided and you did it...:woot:

Knitting_Guy
10-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Slovenia, that's near New Jersey, right?

Sharly
10-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Mason, have you driven through there? :teehee:

cindycactus
10-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Slovenia, that's near New Jersey, right?:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

debinoz
10-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Sorry to say I had to Google it. Came up with some very beautiful pictures. It looks like a wonderful place.

usamacka
10-24-2007, 04:43 AM
Thanks all who took the time to find Slovenia. Yes it is a very beautiful place. Right now rainy and cold. I am learning how to use my new Bosch washer/dryer combination. Thank goodness the landlord has all the instruction books for everything!
I will go out with my camera later and post a few pictures!
Meanwhile, here is one from a pig roast on the week end. THis is roasting nuts!

dustinac
10-24-2007, 08:35 AM
:teehee: I had to google it too...the pictures I found are really pretty....

Sharly
10-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Washer/Dryer combination! Cool!! I would love that - I'm going to have to see if those are available here! Sounds like a great timesaver.

jodstr2
10-24-2007, 11:41 AM
wow! sounds exciting! :woohoo: have fun and be safe during your travels! :cheering::hug:

dmknits
10-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Sounds like a great adventure. Enjoy your visit there. :)

Jan in CA
10-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Wonderful! I hope you can post some and share your adventure!

usamacka
10-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Today I went to Koper, a town on the Adriatic Sea coast. Found a little knitting shop and left with a few balls to make my son a hat for Colorado.
My fingerless gloves are a hit her as well. Some college students stopped to ask me about them as I sat in a coffee shop. I have orders.....if I want the job!
They are also requesting leggins!

Students==no time for knitting..
Retiree== lots of time!

:))

Sharly
10-25-2007, 11:54 AM
It sounds like you are making new friends!

usamacka
10-29-2007, 08:45 AM
<i am in a verz charming little town in the tail end of the <slovenian alps. sorrz about the kezboard...i canćt seem to find mz waz around it zet. brought mz knitting with me. i am actuallz hoping to find some wool from some local sheep...and perhaps give a whirl at hand spinning. will keep zou all posted.
<i was supposed to go back to the citz todaz, but am on no time schedule. it is so beautiful here, i am stazing on a few more dazs. <i like the countrz side.