PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm Here!

Moo
10-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Hi All!

I got a message today in my e-mail saying that you all missed me. Well, I come to the site all the time for one thing or another. I usually look up something I need to know to continue my knitting. It's not all the time that I post.

I got bitten by a black widow a few months back, and it caused some problems with my right arm. The spider bite is better now, but during that time I had also developed Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI), and it involved my whole right arm and my shoulder. I am still on meds to help with the pain when I get a flare up. I have to watch out what I do and for how long. Typing and knitting I have to take rest breaks, so that I won't get real bad again. Thank god I had taught myself how to knit Continental style. I wouldn't have been able to without Amy's video. Thanks Amy!

I just had a birthday Friday 10/19, and I got some pretty nice knitting stuff. I got Knitting Korner DVD's, one is Knitting Continental style and the other is Knitting Socks l, and a Rolling case for storing my knitting on the go. I just love them!

These fires around here in Southern California is pretty bad. I am in no danger, however the smoke is bad around my place, so we have to keep the doors and window close, and the A/C on, so that we won't have breathing problems. I sure hope that the fires end soon and the state gets the help that they were promised by the president and governor.

Hey, don't worry about me when I away. I will be sure to remember to pop in to say hello next time I am here. Here's a thought how about a "Hello board" on the site?

Thanks for caring, and love my friends:grphug:

Moo:thumbsup:

KnittingNat
10-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Welcome back :waving:! I hope you're safe!
There actually is an "Introduce yourself" thread in General forum, where everyone are saying hi :)

debinoz
10-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Glad you were able to switch knitting styles. I tried it and found that my left hand is so uncoordinated that I just wound up with a big mess.

Be safe and best of luck to you.

Moo
10-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Hi Knitting Nat!
Thanks for the hello. I have been a member for 1/05, so I don't think I need to introduce myself. I just thought it would be nice to have a hello thread that's why I mentioned it. I also know just about everyone here from other groups.
Nice to have met you!
Moo:)

Moo
10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Hi Debi!
I have the same problem, but many people had said with practice it will work it self out. I decided to help that along by buying a Yarn Guide from Herrschners.com, and it works really well! It keeps that yarn right on that finger.
I'm not in the direct path of the fires, but have been in the direct path of the smoke and ash. The rain did clean some air.
Thanks for your kind words.
Moo:knitting: :)