PDA

View Full Version : Dog training in or around Alexandria VA

HollyP
10-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey everybody! Does anyone have a reccomendation for a good dog training school in or around Alexandria? My brother and Sil just got a 5 month old lab/pointer mix puppy. They have been training him pretty much since they got him 2 weeks ago. He's doing pretty well but they feel theyneed a little help since neither of them have really trained a dog before. They have asked around looking for dog training school but the only response they have gotten has been Petsmart. Which I'm sure is fine, but I told them I am sure that Petsmart is can't be the only training place near them. I live in Yorktown and there are 3 training places nearby not including the pet stores. Thanks in advance!

vaknitter
10-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Have them call the local animal shelter - I'm sure they work with someone. Our local animal shelter has 2 different facilities that they recommend when people call. Or have they asked their vet?

retireddiva
10-25-2007, 08:11 PM
It was so exciting seeing something about Alex., Va. I was born and raised in Alex. and moved to Maryland in 1980. My 88 year old mother sold "our" house in Alex. in Jan. and moved to NC. with my brother. I haven't been back to Alex. since. I don't know of any dog training places though; your brother might try something like Alexandria Parks and Recreation (Howard County has dog training classes in Park and Rec.). Alexandria is a great place to live. My dh and I would go to visit my mom every other Sun. and usually take her to dinner. I really miss those days! Good luck with the dog training!