PDA

View Full Version : Pretty scarf for alpaca?

Lintu
10-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I just got some Classic Elite Alpaca in the mail...what kind of scarf should I make with it? I have 5 skeins :inlove:

knitgal
10-31-2007, 06:46 PM
5 skeins!? Holy moly! You lucky thing! I have one little skein and I am going to make a little lacy scarf. i think alpaca is so soft and delicate that it deserves something lacy.

Lintu
10-31-2007, 06:55 PM
I got it for $5 each at yarn.com! It's worsted weight, so I'm unsure about lace (as much as I want to try it). Do you think that would still work?

I'm considering the reversible cable scarf from Cables Untangled or the So Called Scarf (but I think So Called Scarf might need a bulkier yarn).

Ingrid
10-31-2007, 07:15 PM
I made a So-Called with worsted--Lorna's Laces--and it worked out fine.

cinnamon_girl
11-03-2007, 11:50 AM
How about the Falling Water Lace scarf by Bonnie Sennot.
It's written for a soft fingering weight yarn but I've seen several on here (just do a search in the FO's) of various yarns and weights. Are were really beautiful!

I making one right now in a worsted weight merino and it's very pretty. Not too lacy and with an almost cabled look as well. And the pattern is very enjoyable to work. Just enough to keep you interested but not so complicated that you want to pull your hair out!

Here's the link... be patient it might take a little bit before the file opens.

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~bsennott/Falling%20Water%20Pattern.pdf