PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Pi

DianaM
10-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Every now and then I'll cook large batches of chicken stock and other stuff and freeze 'em in different size servings so I can have them in store for later meals.

So there I was taking a break from chicken stock and shredded beef making and I sat down to check out a couple of groups on Ravelry.
One of the group members posted her recent FOs, one of which included the Kitty Pi cat bed.

It's a felted cat bed (http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm). Cute pattern. And if you're in the mood for some kitty love, head over to the Kitty Pi cat bed gallery (http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybedgallery.htm). I soooo want to make one of these now. There's little over 200 Ravelrers (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kitty-pi/people?status=finished&group=&photoless=0) making the cat bed and the pictures are darn cute.

Ingrid
10-31-2007, 10:40 PM
I made one last year or so. It was a favorite for a while, but now it goes ignored. :pout: I don't know why--the cats like to sit on everything else made of wool. :teehee:

Duckling326
10-31-2007, 11:12 PM
I made one for my three cats and they don't use it as well. On the rare occasion I'll find one in it. If there's a real good type of cat nip I can get them in it, but it has to be good!

Sharly
11-01-2007, 10:50 AM
I made one last year or so. It was a favorite for a while, but now it goes ignored. :pout: I don't know why--the cats like to sit on everything else made of wool. :teehee:

This might not be much of a suggestion, but have you tried re-locating it? If I move something, my cats act like it is brand new and their love is renewed!

They have one of those toys with the balls in the ring thing and they really loved it for about six months. Last week because no one was playing with it anymore, I moved it to "their" room to get it out of the living room. You would think it was a new toy - now they play with it all the time!

stitchwitch
11-01-2007, 11:02 AM
My husband keeps pestering me to make one of these for my cat. I say no way, she'll sit in it for an hour and then never use it again and it will be given to the humane society like all the other beds we've had.
My cat is a spoiled brat, she has two "nests" made out of microplush blankets and over 70 toys scattered through the house. I knitted her a blankie last year with some sort of fuzzy yarn from Joanns and she loved it for a week, it now sits next to one of the nests collecting dust. :roflhard: I've created a monster.

stitchwitch
11-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Some of those pictures are great but his one just cracks me up. :chair:

Sharly
11-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Looks more like a kitty taco!! :roflhard:

Ingrid
11-01-2007, 08:23 PM
:teehee: THAT cat is appreciative!!

I think I'm going to wash it and then move it. Then the two cats will probably fight over it. :shrug:

Duckling326
11-02-2007, 01:00 AM
My cats have used thiers for only a little bit. They're so spoiled and have many sleeping spots. So they just rotate.

jodstr2
11-03-2007, 12:29 AM
my 2 kitties use the 2 that I made once in a great greeeeaaaaaat while. maybe I need to wash them and place them down again (the beds, not the cats. oh, maybe the cats too). :think: :shifty: ;)

tootie44
11-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Check out Willie in my avatar

CountryKitty
11-05-2007, 11:52 PM
The truth about cats is that their favorite spot is the one you prefer...so just put the cat bed where you want them to lie, and then lay on it yourself!

(Seriously, our current cat and the one we had 3 or 4 years ago both insisted on sleeping in my husbands recliner and his desk chair. The first one would meow plaintively at Hubby and look really disgusted anytime Hub was sitting in the chair when he--the cat--walked in!)

Sharly
11-06-2007, 01:03 PM
That's cute!! And, true, too!!!

stitchwitch
11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I caved, I'm buying the yarn today to make one. :teehee: