PDA

View Full Version : How Many Bags of Candy Did You Give Away?????

auburnchick
10-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Went grocery shopping today and picked up, what I thought, were extra bags of candy..."just in case..."

Every single one of those bags is gone, except for a bowl of assorted.

:passedout:

dh was so mad...he wanted me to take the unopened bags back to the store and get my money refunded. He says I was too generous. But the ballerinas, Blues Brothers, and Snow Whites were just too hard to resist...

:teehee:

Oh, and I only had about three pieces of candy...per half hour...just kidding... :rofl:

Jan in CA
10-31-2007, 11:15 PM
I had one bag of 105 mixed and some Goldfish for the toddlers. Almost all of it is gone. I only give one piece per person. No one needs that much candy and some kids go to every house in the city I think! :passedout:

debinoz
11-01-2007, 12:40 AM
I gave out 0... I had my light on, but I also had a front yard full of about a dozen teen agers playing around. They were pretty loud and rowdy so I think all the trick-or-treaters got scared away!!

gingerbread
11-01-2007, 06:45 AM
Let's see put my lights on the pourch at 7pm and by 8pm was wiped out of candy. We had the little candy bags we made 94 bags. Why 94 :shrug: and all but 4 were left in the bowl. :thud:It was a very good night.:thumbsup:

blueeyes28
11-01-2007, 06:48 AM
I live in a fairly small neighborhood and a lot of the kids go to a bigger one down the road so they can get more candy,I don't really allow my kids very much candy so we stay put,I ended up throwing away half of the candy we bought because I am on a diet and did not want to eat it.My kids will still have halloween candy come Easter more than likely that is when I throw it out.

DQ
11-01-2007, 06:49 AM
I didn't get any trick or treaters :shrug:

Now all of the chocolate is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine! :teehee:

Ronda
11-01-2007, 07:26 AM
I didn't count my bags, but I usually spend about $50 on candy every year. I ran out 1 hour and 10 minutes into trick-or-treating! We still had 50 minutes left to go!

stitchwitch
11-01-2007, 08:17 AM
zero, zip, nada, zilch. I'm the scrooge of Halloween. I live in a gated community of 75 houses and about 25 kids max probably less. People will slip inside the gates when someone leaves, in vans and even one time in a UHaul truck full of kids in the back to bring their kids in here to trick or treat. It's awful. I gave out candy the first year until I realized that 90% of the kids I was handing out to didn't live here and I didn't recognize their parents. I only had one idiot ring the bell with her kid in tow last night and that was after I parked my car blocking our walkway to our entryway and had the lights off in the front of the house. I can't figure out the attraction of our neighborhood really unless it's the thrill of sneaking in.

PurlyGyrl
11-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Zippo! We live on a very steep, very dark hill out in the country. No one's brave enough to try it. I also have a Husky that barks like she will eat you WHOLE (she won't, thinks she's a lap dog-might lick you to death:teehee: )

figaro
11-01-2007, 09:21 AM
We are in our new house and the old owners told us that they would gets lots of kids so I bought 5 or 6 big bags of candy and threw at least 4 away! The lights were on and we decorated the front of the house (mental note-remove decorations today!) but the kids just never really came. And they were only allowed to T or T from 5 to 7. At our last house, I would have easily been left with a empty bowl and it was great. I hope it picks up next year!Crossed Fingers

stitchwitch
11-01-2007, 09:35 AM
I'll send the kids that were in the UHaul up your way next year. :roflhard:

Sanibelle
11-01-2007, 09:48 AM
I gave away one piece - that was it! I love when the kids come to the door but for some reason no one comes to the condo complex where I live and we have no kids in our complex :(

marykz
11-01-2007, 11:21 AM
bought 3, gave away 1. last year we had a lot more kids. But when I took my daughter out, I noticed there were a lot fewer houses on our street with the light on, so I think the kids didn't make it all the way down to our house. they must have figured it wasn't worth walking past all the dark houses.

more candy for me!

feministmama
11-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Y'all throw candy away!?!??!?! Give it to MEEEEEEEE!!!!! Or at least take it to work, hand it out in the street, whatever, but don't throw it away!!!! My doorbell only rang twice last night. I let them take as much as thier little fists could hold. I bought 4 bags (2 bags for $5) so I still have lots. I'm taking my stash to work, it'll be gone in a few hours I'm sure.

figaro
11-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I am a stay at home mom so that means I would be the only one eating it (and I ate too much already!) And hubby is a diabetic and he is the only employee there too.

The.Knitter
11-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Who can afford candy? I have yarn to buy....... and besides only one child knocked on the door and so I gave him an apple (bad neighbour I am, really really bad)!

AngMac
11-01-2007, 12:11 PM
We had 2 bags of 100 count candy and 60 small containers of Playdough for the toddlers. All but a handful of each is gone! Wow!

thymetraveler
11-01-2007, 12:19 PM
6 SUPER SIZE BAGS, WE HAVE A LOT OF KIDS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, THEY PRETTY MUCH ALL LOOKED ADORABLE, & OF COURSE, I MAKE UP SPECIAL BAGS FOR THE ONES I KNOW.
I POSTED A MESSAGE TO SUGARFUNPOUCH RE: A STOCKINETTE CURLING ISSUE.
I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE A GENERAL POST.
LORD KNOWS I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.

iza
11-01-2007, 12:22 PM
We live in an appartment building, so we don't get any kids knocking at our door. My boyfriend and I went out for a walk though to see the little monsters in action. :teehee: Halloween is so much fun!

Something horrible happened yesterday however around Montreal, a little 3 year old girl died after being hit by a car while she was playing in her yard. Two cars hit each other and one lost control. Her nanny and her were putting up lights and decorations for halloween. :pout: The yard where she was killed had tombstones all over the place... very freaky.

GiddyKnitter
11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Well I am gutted!!!
I bought a cardboard coffin filled with individual edible body parts and we had 3 callers
can you believe that...Last year we ran out of sweets and had to give chocolate biscuits!! Now what do I do with a coffin full of body parts?????

The.Knitter
11-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Eat up????

Jan in CA
11-01-2007, 01:00 PM
I sent you a PM.

6 SUPER SIZE BAGS, WE HAVE A LOT OF KIDS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, THEY PRETTY MUCH ALL LOOKED ADORABLE, & OF COURSE, I MAKE UP SPECIAL BAGS FOR THE ONES I KNOW.
I POSTED A MESSAGE TO SUGARFUNPOUCH RE: A STOCKINETTE CURLING ISSUE.
I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE A GENERAL POST.
LORD KNOWS I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.

KnitPrincess
11-10-2007, 12:43 AM
:) I am 23 I love Halloween I think it is great to see parents taking their kids around in costumes asking for candy...heck I give candy to anyone who has the guts to dress up in a costume...I don't think that it is juIt for little kids...I gave out $70 worth of candy this year..and it was pretty cold out there too. The best costume that I saw was a little girl in a home made fish tank costume...it was some kind of clear plastic with fish hanging for the top on clear string fake bubbles and cut out grass...it was the only one I loved it. I asked a little boy if he was mister incredible from the incredibles and her said ahhh nooo its just the costume lol he was really cute he had his parents cracking up..he got extra candy.