PDA

View Full Version : Off to youth convention...PRAY for me!

msoebel
11-02-2007, 11:40 AM
I love youth convention. We take 60+ kids from our youth group, 5 adults (plus dh and me) and pile onto a bus. We drive two hours and then spend the next 24 hours with 4,000 other teenagers and the adults who cared enough to bring them. Our church denomination does this every year.

As a teenager, I LOVED it. High energy, great music, late night activities, pizza, and hotel rooms.

As an adult. I still love it. BUT THERE IS NO SLEEP. We don't even get back to our hotel until 4 am, and we have to be back by 8 am. :sleepy: We spend the day there, and then we get home about 7pm.

I need to start an IV of Mountain Dew just so I can survive until Saturday night!:passedout:

Songbirdy
11-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Best of ... luck? :teehee:

Three years ago I went to Sandwich, Illinois with a group of teens from our church for a SERVE project.

What fun... what exhaustion! I volunteered because every time I went as a participant was the most amazing experiences of my life...

But I was thrilled that we only had one day downtown Chicago! Especially because I had a real redneck farm girl who did some seriously stupid things and I was ready to let her take the bullet she was facing! (Literally, luckily I'm street smart enough to have lived to tell the tail!)

jcmom
11-02-2007, 06:50 PM
You've got my prayers. My DD went to a youth conference (teen girls) two weeks ago and I am so greatful to the adults that volunteered to take them. Physically, I'm not able to do it, so when other people do, it blesses me and my child. Thanks for what you do.:hug:

auburnchick
11-02-2007, 07:30 PM
I will be thinking of you. My son left today for a retreat with his youth group, and my daughter goes to Chrysalis next weekend.

:hug: