PDA

View Full Version : Teddy All-In-One

The.Knitter
11-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I have the stitches on the needles now and I will be spending the next month knitting the Teddy All-In-One baby outfit. This pattern comes from a book by Debbie Bliss called Nursery Knits (Ebury Press, London, England). This outfit looks sort of like a little sleeper. It is all made as one piece, except the sleeves. It has a hood that has teddy bear ears on it. You put a contrasting colour inside the ears and on the bottoms of the feet and the palms of the hands. It is adorable. I have made this one four or five times now and it really turns out well.

Ok, stitches are on, and away I go!!

:woohoo:

Jan in CA
11-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Can't wait to see a picture of it!

Gretaoto
11-07-2007, 01:44 AM
Oh that sounds real adorable, do post pictures. I may have to check this book out.

ritaw
11-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Sounds so cute! Cannot wait to see pics. Hurry up lol :)

The.Knitter
11-07-2007, 08:24 AM
This one will take a while. It is on fingering weight yarn. It is going to be a slow knit.

The.Knitter
11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
OK, so I have one foot done and I am on the leg part now, and then I'll shape the crotch. Then it goes on a stitch holder while I make another foot. Perhaps it won't be such a long knit after all. I seem to remember it taking me forever the last time I made this outfit. Hmmmm, perhaps I am getting faster, or have learned more this time around. Thanks goes out, yet again, to this site and the supportive management, mod squad and members for the support.

The.Knitter
11-08-2007, 11:45 AM
OK Rita, I am hurrying up. I have the first leg done. Sat up all night knitting as I could not sleep. Perhaps the last time I knit this outfit I was still working so that is why it took so long to make. It is just buzzing along this time.

GiddyKnitter
11-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I have that book and my friend knitted it last year for her sister when she was pregnant. It was even nicer knitted up than it shows on the pattern. She used Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino in coffee and cream colours...

The.Knitter
11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
I have that book and my friend knitted it last year for her sister when she was pregnant. It was even nicer knitted up than it shows on the pattern. She used Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino in coffee and cream colours...

I can't afford cashmere for this particular project. It's too close to Christmas for me to spend that kind of money on yarn anyways. I am told there are other, more important things to spend money on at this time of year! I truly doubt it, but DH says it's a fact!!!

I am doing this WIP in white fingering weight yarn that has a thin strand of white satin running through it and pale yellow fingering weight yarn for inside the ears and for the pads of the hands and feet. Then I think I will try to get pale yellow buttons (heart shaped if I can find them) for the closure. It may not look like an actual teddy bear but it will be cute. This is about the fifth time I have made this outfit. It is so cute on the little ones. It's not a hard pattern to do. It will keep me busy for a few weeks (which is good).

What I did was photocopy the pattern and have both pages laminated. This way I am not fighting with that thick book all the time.

Happy Knitting! :happydance:

GiddyKnitter
11-10-2007, 11:42 AM
That sounds just lovely!

The.Knitter
11-14-2007, 02:17 AM
PROGRESS REPORT: Teddy All-In-One has now got two feet and two legs. I am going to put them together on one circular tonight and do the 1/2 inch of connecting and then I think I will pack it in for the night.

Even knitaholics need sleep!

GiddyKnitter
11-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Your really cracking on with this project!

The.Knitter
11-19-2007, 07:56 PM
PROGRESS REPORT:

OK Fellow Knitters:

I need a push here. I am in garter stitch hell! I have gotten the right front done, am half way done the back and the left front is on a holder waiting for me. Every time I make this outfit I get to this point. I would not call it laziness, just boredom with garter stitch. All those different increases and decreases didn't bother me, in fact I liked that part. Now it's just straight knitting and knitting and knitting! That's not the best part of all of this... the hood has to be knit onto the body and this is the hardest part of the whole project. Everything else just hangs there while you are knitting the hood and it stretches it all to heck. The hood is next!!! OMG how I dread that hood. Every single time I have knit that hood I have made an error and had to frog it! This is GOING TO BE the first time I AM GOING TO DO IT RIGHT, THE FIRST TIME!!!

So fellow knitters, give a communal ummphhhhhh to me please, just to get me over that garter stitch hump and on to the hood.

Friend, Knitters, and Countrymen, lend me your MOJO!

Here's a picture of Ted as of five minutes ago.

The.Knitter
11-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Soooo nobody is willing to give me a kick in the butt or a stern talking to??? OK, I guess I have to do it myself and get back to my garter stitch hell!

dustinac
11-20-2007, 10:23 AM
:tap: get busy we want to see photos!!

:teehee:

Abbily
11-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Go, knitter, go! Go, knitter, go! :) Sorry, I just saw this thread just now so I'm a bit late with the cheerleading. I can't wait to see the finished teddy!

The.Knitter
11-21-2007, 04:52 PM
:tap: get busy we want to see photos!!

:teehee:

Here is Teddy All-In-One with his hood finished and the shoulder seams sewn together. He sure looks different than he did two days ago. He is missing his button bands and his sleeves, and to have his sewing finished. Oh yes, and I have to BO the hood ribbing too! The knitting is going faster than the last time I made this outfit. AND the hood was easier this time too!!!
:woohoo:

OK dustinac??? Here's your pictures.......

Abbily
11-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Precious!!

Newfygirl
11-21-2007, 05:04 PM
That is just adorable. Great job.