PDA

View Full Version : Use of Circular and other questions

Norman
11-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Hello Fellow KH'ers

Got a couple of questions for you..

First of, this pattern I want to start tonight says to use a Sz: 11 24" circular.. but no where on the pattern does it talk about doing rounds.. So how do I do that.. once all the stiches are transfered, do I just then .. turn the work.. like on regular needles?

And 2nd, I still am cloudy on this, when it says 24" is that tip to tip or is that JUST the size of the cable .. as I have interchangables, I just never had to deal wiht that much.. :??

And since I'll be leaving in about.. oh 30 minutes without time to get back on tonight, I hope for a speedy answer, but maybe i should start these tomorrow..

For more information, it's aran squares from "Easy Aran Squares", of the little book of knitted throws :D

Or for those on Raverly
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Norman/easy-aran-squares

:)

D

suzeeq
11-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Needles are measured tip to tip, but if you're not joining to knit in the round it's not as crucial if they're not exactly 24", 20" or 29" might do. You probably knit back and forth, this is common for afghan patterns; straight needles can get heavy with a lot of stitches on them, so the circs take the weight off your wrists.

Norman
11-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Ahhhhh.. okay ..w ell know that makes much more sense.. :D

Thanks for the info :D Hopefully now I can start this pattern up.

Jan in CA
11-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Looks like you got your answer! :thumbsup: