PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Baby Blankets

The.Knitter
11-09-2007, 12:32 PM
I have a couple of baby blankets on the go, for times when you need some mindless knitting (like waiting rooms, long car rides or KIP).

1) This is just a plain dishcloth pattern done in Baby Clouds Chunky verigated yarn. The colours don`t show up well in this picture but it looks like a rainbow when it is all finished. Perfect for when you don`t know if baby will be a boy or girl, because it has all different pastel colours in it. This is a good winter type baby blanket and is a good size for the bassinette. I have just started the decrease so now it will be a quick knit to finish it up. When done, it will be a 30 inch square blanket.

2) This baby blanket is knit with a DK weight beige yarn I had in my stash. I just starting knitting it. It is knit in a size to fit over the top of the baby car seat when you take the child outside on windy days, so the wind does not hit the child in the face. I am knitting this with the Ribs and Ruffles scarf pattern (stitch is called Eve's Rib) so it is breathable for the little one AND it's completely reversible. This is a lighter blanket so more like a receiving blanket really. I CO 75 stitches and am using No. 7 needles. I have to measure a baby car seat to see how long to make this blanket, but I would think it will be 30 inches. I will probably crochet a small border around it when it is done, just to give it that finished look.

At least I have something on the go for when the Teddy All-In-One drives me up a wall. Both of these blankets are very easy knits.

:aww:

Jan in CA
11-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Those look great! That's a good idea for the car seat blanket.

monzogary
11-09-2007, 01:30 PM
They are both coming along nicely!

wandaweberg
11-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Lovely knitting stitch you have!

ritaw
11-09-2007, 02:07 PM
They are looking good . I just love knitting things you do not have to think too much about.

dustinac
11-09-2007, 05:26 PM
They look wonderful!! :thumbsup:

knitgal
11-09-2007, 11:55 PM
They look great! What a lucky baby!

BlueEyezz
11-11-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm making my first baby blanket and it's probably the same pattern as the first one. It's taking FOREVER.

The.Knitter
11-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Have patience, it will be over, eventually. Just a hint... I usually buy some 1/4" satin ribbon and string it through the holes when I am done and tie a bow at each corner. It just gives it that nice finishing touch.