PDA

View Full Version : Sweater Coat Pattern

Brookemz
11-09-2007, 07:54 PM
I bought this coat for my daughter,
http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=422521&langId=-1&exp=n&catTree=27151,27690,27317,27755&clearance=0

and I liked it so much that I wanted to make one for myself, but I can't find a pattern for a jacket that is anywhere remotely close...all the patterns I can find have drop shoulders or embellishments, or big collars.

The pattern doesn't have to include the fringe or anything, but just be similar to this. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the pattern doesn't have to be free. I'm willing to pay to download one.

By the way, the pattern doesn't have to be specifically purl on the right side, I can adjust the pattern so that it is all purl on the outside. thanks

flyingfingers
11-09-2007, 09:41 PM
You could do a top down sweater and just make it as long as you want, and then decrease at the bottom every other row to about 3/4 the amount of stitches until you have the rounded edge. It looks to me like just a basic sweater, but longer.

Jen17
11-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi, I went to www.knittingpatterncentral.com and clicked on the "free directory" from the home page
then clicked on "woman's clothing"
then clicked on"woman's jackets and coats"

there are a ton of patterns...
ones to look at "kimono"
or "fast and long coat"
happy:knitting: