PDA

View Full Version : Nearly finished - need some good buttons!

Ironlung21
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Finally, finally, finally, finally .... well nearly....

The photos are rubbish - but am so excited that the torment is nearly over.

This cable cardigan is in silver grey bamboo (I said the photos were rubbish), it has taken me ages. It has been christened death by cable - as it nearly cured me of knitting anything else ever again. Now I need to find some good buttons.....

Indygirl
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
That is great work! It looks wonderful to me. I know what you are saying about being over it long ago. I have two adult sweaters almost finished. It will be a long while before I do one of those again. I do small projects along the way so I don't get overwhelmed.

cinnamon_girl
11-11-2007, 07:28 PM
It's just beautiful!! I love a good cable. Even though the color in the photo is a bit dark you can tell you did a wonderful job!
Good Luck with your button hunt... then you can enjoy wearing it and forget all about the 'torture'!! :cheering: :cheering:

iwouldratherbeknitting
11-12-2007, 12:55 AM
That looks amazing! Where did you get the pattern from?

I feel for you in the button search.. go and check out my blog to see the buttons that I bought just this Saturday- some that I bought would look great on your sweater.

The.Knitter
11-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Once the "death by cable" is finally over with and you are enjoying wearing your gorgeous sweater you will feel differently. Dare I say you will live to cable again. Congrats, you did a wonderful job.

Jan in CA
11-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Pretty!

Debkcs
11-12-2007, 03:39 AM
You did a wonderful job on that sweater. Good luck finding buttons that you like.

slightly addicted to yarn
11-12-2007, 03:54 AM
That is a lot of cabling! However it is beautiful, (I love cables) once you've got your buttons and are wearing it all that work may become a dim and distant memory! Have you looked in Liberty's at their buttons - says you live in London so I'm guessing it might be reasonably handy - they have a great selection with a variety of prices, maybe worth a look.

dustinac
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Looks very pretty!!! :happydance:

Ironlung21
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
You are very kind... I have mixed up my answers below....

It is a debbie bliss pattern with a bit of rearranging / re-engineering

Libertys is a great tip - although I have sworn to stay away from anywhere with wool at the moment - there is no room for any more. My top tips if you are in London and have time to travel out of the centre - are I knit London in Vauxhall (you will need to look it up on the internet to find it) and Loop off Upper Street in Islington. Both small but carry interesting yarn and bits and pieces.

I am already cabling again. I posted a thread in the main bit about how I had inadvertantly boil washed and therefore shrunk a much loved cable number. Its replacement is already underway!

Have found some antique round white ceramic buttons hidden away in a drawer. Am going to try these out for a few days. So far so good.

I also have to say thank you to Knitting Help - I stumbled across the site while searching for making up tips. I have never been any good at finishing off work. This is my first outing with mattress stitched seams...absolute revelation / bordering on magic.

AnnaT
11-12-2007, 11:42 PM
I LOVE it! Although you're sick of it now, you should be really proud of your work!!! Is it really more of a gray than a brown?

I am impressed. :woohoo:

MerigoldinWA
11-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Beautiful cable work, looks very fine and intricate. Let us see it again after you get the buttons on and are all through with it.

monzogary
11-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Beautiful cable work and such a great sweater. Great job!