PDA

View Full Version : i need a translation

erratickel
11-12-2007, 02:52 PM
new here, new to knitting and sooo confused about this pattern:
http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/bramble_bag/bramble_bag.html

the part that is confusing to me is this:

"insert needle from behind under the running thread between the st just worked and the next and purl this thread" i do not understand. i looked up how to do the bramble stitch and i pretty much get it, but it doesn't seem to be the same thing this pattern is telling me. anyone wanna help a brand new knitter?

Ingrid
11-12-2007, 03:17 PM
That part is a M1 increase. Look at the space between your needles. There is a strand running across. You put your needle under that.

Check out the increase videos--you'll see what I mean.

erratickel
11-12-2007, 03:42 PM
oh, i see! thanks for your help... i think i get it now.
but i'm sure i'll be back again later!

;)

erratickel
11-12-2007, 11:21 PM
okay, confused again... i completely understand the part from earlier, thank you again. but now i'm home, working on this pattern and so confused about this:

"With straight needles, using A, cast on 98 sts. Purl 1 row. Work even in Pat St until 59 stripes of A clusters have been completed, end on Row 1 of Pat St. Fasten off B. Work Row 2 of Pat St using A instead of B and knitting instead of purling. Bind off knitwise."

so i cast on my 98 stitches, purled 1 row, start with row 1 of the pattern stitch on row 2... this is where i get confused. are the odd rows purled? what does "fasten off b" mean? i'm pretty much lost on the rest of it. i tried to figure it out on my own, but i need help. please?? thanks.

suzeeq
11-12-2007, 11:27 PM
After you purl the first row ignore that it's row 1 and start with Row 1 of the pattern st, then do row 2, row 3, row 4 and repeat those 4 rows.