PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Needles

DianaM
11-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Just thought I'd mention this and see if anyone was interested. I can't give you any specific names out of confidentiality.

I just started working at a program that helps young mothers (either pregnant or with small children) to get back on their feet after dealing with drug and alcohol dependency. Basically they live in this home group for a while, doing AA, therapy, getting help with job searches and learning how to be good mothers to their children.
Some take the oportunity better than others.

I'm a dependency tech and there's a couple of us who knit. From time to time, one of the girls (specially the pregnant ones) will get the curiosity to learn how to knit because they want to try making a baby blanket.

Problem is, we don't have needles. The other tech and I already donated the needles we weren't using anymore. And someone once donated a large tub of yarn to the program. We just need the tools to work with.

So if anyone has needles laying around that they no longer want, we'll be happy to take them! Maybe we can teach these girls a good addiction for life :)

Ingrid
11-18-2007, 11:43 AM
I PM'd you.

a.shin.grace
11-18-2007, 03:43 PM
I just had a funny thought.

A change donation jar with a sign that says "GETTING YOUNG MOTHERS HOOKED!" or something like that, with a picture of a ball of yarn and crochet hook or something. "NEEDLES FOR MOMS" with a picture of a babyhat on circulars.

I wonder if any of the yarn stores in the city would go for it.

Lisa1216
11-19-2007, 09:36 AM
I may have some extras. I was going through what needles I have to enter into "my needles" on the Raverly site, and I found a bag of needles my MIL had given me. I haven't gone through them yet, so I'll check them out tonight and let you know if they are usable or not. If they are, you can definitely have them.:)

Shandeh
11-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I have a lot of 14" straight needles I could donate, because I don't use them anymore. Just send me your mailing address, and I'll send them.