PDA

View Full Version : Ebay shipping problem -wwyd?

HollyP
11-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi. 10 days ago I bought a gift on Ebay. I still have not received my package. On last Tuesday I emailed the seller and she emailed back that she had sent the package that morning,instead of Mon. due to V-day, parcel post. In the auction the shipping was clearly stated as being sent priority mail. I keep checking the delivery confirmation and the package is getting nowhere near my house. It still says it was received and processed in her home town.
Is this something worth getting upset about and contacting Ebay? I am really disappointed but don't want to get involved in a flame war in the feed back. I would appreciate any advice, I have never ever had a problem like this!

Thanks!

Abbily
11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
First of all, USPS doesn't update their delivery confirmation basically until the package is delivered, so don't get too upset about the lack of info on the tracking site.

However, I would definitely be upset about the shipping method! I would contact the seller and tell her you are upset about that because the auction clearly stated priority mail. See what the seller says. Hopefully she will offer to refund your shipping charge (or part of it) or something like that, to maintain her good rating. You can always contact Ebay about it, but I would try to handle it with the seller first.

If worse comes to worst, you can always 'reply' in your feedback if she gives you a neg, and explain the situation.

mwhite
11-20-2007, 01:29 PM
A shipping upgrade would have been acceptable, not going from priority to parcel post. The priority maximum delivery is usually 3 days and parcel post is as much as 14 days. I would definitely confer with the seller and request a refund on the postage at least. If this were a gift that you were planning to give based on the 3 day delivery, it would miss the mark.

GinnyG
11-20-2007, 04:06 PM
I agree, I would find out what the difference between parcel post and priority is and requst a refund in that amount. You bid and paid for the item based on priority shipping and did not receive it, you are due a refund of the difference in the cost.

As for the timelyness of the shipping, I am afraid there isn't much you can do. I believe E-Bay won't even get involved in a dispute unless it has taken over 4 weeks to get there.

Most ebay sellers ae great about getting items right out in the mail and we have gotten spoiled by the fast delivery time. But there are some sellers who only mail items once a week or more often.

Cecily
11-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Hi Holly: It is an option to communicate your disappointment with the seller but I would not get into a large dispute over a small amount of money. I would like to keep my feedback positive therefore I wouldn't fight about it. I would be very disappointed if I missed a gift date because of the time delay. I would e-mail that type of message to the seller but other than that I would just chalk it up to a poor experience.
Cecily

HollyP
11-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the replies! I just sent an email to the seller. I had a few people read the email to make sure I didn't come across as b!tchy just disappointed. I am not sure what her reply will be but I feel better knowing that I was not overreacting.
Thanks again. It's great to know that I can always get good advice here!

vaknitter
11-26-2007, 03:02 PM
So did you get your package yet? Did you ever get an answer from the seller?
I remembered your post b/c I have had some horrible luck with a yarn seller on e-bay.

HollyP
11-26-2007, 04:30 PM
VAknitter: Funny you should ask. I got the package Friday. The auction was for 2 things and I only got 1. I have never heard back from my first message but I sent another asking when the second will be sent. I haven't heard back on that either. I have kept copies of every email I sent and think I will probably give the seller until the end of the week to respond before getting eBay involved.

Abbily
11-27-2007, 10:30 AM
UGH, I can't believe you're having such a bad experience with this seller! I hope they will finally straighten everything out for you!

Shandeh
11-28-2007, 02:40 AM
Did you use paypal for your payment? If so, you can get a refund. Just say the item is different from what was represented in the auction, which is true, since you only received part of it. Paypal will refund your money, and will deduct the amount from the seller's account.

Good luck!