PDA

View Full Version : Favorite ThanksGiving Food Poll!

Miley384
11-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Enjoy you'r turkey day poll!:knitting:

vaknitter
11-21-2007, 09:04 PM
I love sweet potatoes (not candied) and fear I will have to make them for myself this year.

Krystal
11-21-2007, 09:06 PM
I wish wish wish it was Thanksgiving for me... but that was last month. At least I get to eat it again in a month for Xmas. :)

We have a special family recipe for our stuffing and fruit salad. Been around since before my great grandma...It is pretty good. I think it is french based (maybe french canadian?) because I noticed that my friends with french roots have a similar stuffing... (Similar meaning beef based.)

mmmm I love it and want some now... I remember the first time I had stove top, I started crying, asking why they made the stuffing wrong. haha. I was so sheltered.

Jan in CA
11-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I like all the foods, but one of my favorites is Candied Yams. :mmm:

aineepooh1
11-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Love, Love, Love .... :heart: :heart: :heart: the desert table...
Probably why Ainee goes to weight watchers.... but OMG I could die happy with cookie in one hand, pie in the other~!

Miley384
11-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Love, Love, Love .... :heart: :heart: :heart: the desert table...
Probably why Ainee goes to weight watchers.... but OMG I could die happy with cookie in one hand, pie in the other~!
Yum! I love pies, but I especially love cookies! Choccolate Chip is my favorite!

Miley384
11-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I love sweet potatoes (not candied) and fear I will have to make them for myself this year.
Oooohh! Sweet potatoes are so good! My mom makes the best sweet potatoes!

Miley384
11-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I wish wish wish it was Thanksgiving for me... but that was last month. At least I get to eat it again in a month for Xmas. :)

We have a special family recipe for our stuffing and fruit salad. Been around since before my great grandma...It is pretty good. I think it is french based (maybe french canadian?) because I noticed that my friends with french roots have a similar stuffing... (Similar meaning beef based.)

mmmm I love it and want some now... I remember the first time I had stove top, I started crying, asking why they made the stuffing wrong. haha. I was so sheltered.
Stuffing is my all time favorite Thanksgiving food. Usually my grandmother will make it. It's reall, REALLY good too!

Miley384
11-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I like all the foods, but one of my favorites is Candied Yams. :mmm:
I have never tried them, but I will have to! They sound great!

Sanibelle
11-22-2007, 12:58 PM
I am making my favorite sweet potatoes recipe - it has has a topping made of coconut, brown sugar, and pecans. It was from one of the cans of yams that I bought a few years ago, but now I make it with real potatoes. It is so good!

And stuffing, and gravy and turkey... I love Thanksgiving. And I hope all of you who celebrate it have a great one!

Silver
11-22-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm such a purist. My favorite is the turkey. IF it's cooked well, moist and flavorful. Otherwise it's the sweet potato casserole. :drool:

mare-nitt
11-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Cornbread stuffing and sweet potatoes. Ours is in the oven baking now, and the smell is just driving me crazy.:woot:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Matdredalia
11-22-2007, 02:09 PM
What about Pumpkin Pie!?!?

Off of the above list -- Cranberry Sauce takes the cake.

In general, Pumpkin Pie.

*sniffs* My mother makes the best Pumpkin Pie in the world, and she didn't make it this year. Instead she cheaped out and made a Pumpkin Cake. Don't get me wrong, I love Pumpkin Cake (it's what I had at my wedding about a month ago), but...but...it's not my pumpkin pie *tears up*

SnarfyCat
11-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Okay guys. I don't even like butternut squash, but I made this recipe that is WAY easy et rocks. Can sit down et eat entire pan of this, et almost did on Thanksgiving. didn't finish because I at 3/4 of a pecan pie! Yum!!

1 medium squash (bake or cut up into chunks et microwave)
Topping:
1 med onion, chopped
2 T butter
1 chix bouillon cube
1 C sour cream
1/2 t salt
1/2 t dill weed

Cook squash as desired. Remove from shell, mash, season et place in casserole. Cook onion in butter until tender. Add coulillon cube, dissolve sour cream et salt. Stir well et spread on squah in casserole. Sprinkle with dill weed et serve.
My aunt Ilene came up with this recipe et is a definite 5 star dish! hope you all enjoy!