PDA

View Full Version : I'm with knitmonster!!!

letah75
11-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been gone for a week or so, I went on a 7 day cruise with 38 family members (family reunion) to Mexico. We got back yesterday. It was a blast, but I missed my boyfriend terribly.

We were supposed to get back at 5pm yesterday but managed to get an early flight and got home at 11am. Phew! It was a long trip. My boyfriend picked me up and we started the 3 hour drive home....on the way home we stopped at a gas station so I could use the facilities. He went back to the car for money to get coffee for us both. When we got back to the car I opened the door, and there was a ring box sitting on the seat! I just stopped and stared, thinking, "What the hell?!?" He started laughing and told me to open it. I did and there was a beeeeutiful ring, I looked at him, and he said, "Will you marry me?" I was in open mouth shock, but managed to say "YES!!!" :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: about 15 times.

He said he was planning on waiting til we got home, but just couldn't wait anymore!!! OMG, I can't believe it. We've been together for 6 months (our anniversary was Nov. 21st). On this cruise I missed having my B-day with him, our anniversary and Thanksgiving. God that was hard. Oh, back to us, we've been together for 6 months but known each other for 22 years....nope 23 years. We were each other's first kiss.

OMG I'm engaged. He said he wants to get married between 6 months to a year. OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!:cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering ::cheering:

Matdredalia
11-26-2007, 01:04 PM
OMG! Congratulations, hon! (^-^) That's wonderful news! *bounces up and down*

SnarfyCat
11-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Congrats!!

Dang, this engagement thing is becoming an epidemic!! *laughs* Just kidding! Good for you!

Abbily
11-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Congratulations!! That's fabulous news!

jodstr2
11-26-2007, 01:37 PM
:cheering: :heart: congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :cheering:

GiddyKnitter
11-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Wow thats fantastic and very romantic...he must have really missed you bless!!!

Jan in CA
11-26-2007, 01:54 PM
What a great story! Congratulations!!

:psst: I don't understand the subject line in relation to this post..

ETA: Nevermind.. I get it now. :teehee:

ritaw
11-26-2007, 01:58 PM
I am so happy for you. Congratulations!!!!!!:)

KnittingNat
11-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Oh, that's wonderful news! I remember your story, when you just got together! I thought it was very romantic :heart: And you get so well with Jr. too, did you tell him already? I'm really happy for you, you made my day :muah: All the best for you two :hug:

jjminarcik
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM
:woohoo::woohoo:
Congratulations!!!!!!

dustinac
11-26-2007, 04:20 PM
:woot: Congrats!!!:woot:

bobi1218
11-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Congrats!!! That's so exciting :)

letah75
11-26-2007, 05:00 PM
What a great story! Congratulations!!

:psst: I don't understand the subject line in relation to this post..

ETA: Nevermind.. I get it now. :teehee:

I titled it because of this (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70537) post. Knitmonster got engaged yesterday too.

twowackykids
11-26-2007, 05:16 PM
I'll tell you the same thing I tell everybody...elope! Trust me; it's worth it!:muah:

Mariblue
11-26-2007, 05:30 PM
That's wonderful, congratulations! :cheering:

HollyP
11-26-2007, 05:30 PM
I'll tell you the same thing I tell everybody...elope! Trust me; it's worth it!:muah:
:teehee:.

Congratulations!! :woot:

Dangles
11-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm so happy for you that I am tickled pink. :woot: :woohoo::woohoo::yay: :cheering: Congratulations to you both!

knitgal
11-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh yay!!!! Congratulations! It really is catching around here, isn't it? I had to tell me DBF that two people have gotten engaged on KH recently...maybe he'll get the hint!

Miley384
11-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Awesome! My sister is engaged to get married also!:grphug:

auburnchick
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
That is so awesome! I remember your first post about meeting up with him after so long. What a neat thing to have been with you on this journey!

:hug:

Knitting_Guy
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Congrats! :thumbsup:

debinoz
11-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Congratulations!!

newamy
11-27-2007, 12:46 AM
Congratulations Letah! May you live happily ever after and knit him many pairs of socks.
(Do you knit socks?)

The.Knitter
11-27-2007, 01:57 AM
Oh congrats! I wish you both all the happiness.

I had a somewhat similar situation. Well he was NOT my first kiss, but....

Met my DH many many years ago (1981) when he was married to someone and I was married to someone else. He claims it was `love at first sight` and had he met ME first, he would never have married HER!!! Almost six years ago he had his dream come true when we had our first `date`. It was just going out for coffee, but he was so thrilled! Needless to say, I ended up with La Rock.....

Anyways, making a long story short, here we are six years later and we got married in April of this year. It was a small elegant romantic wedding (just what I had hoped for) and everything was truly magical.

I wish you the same!

cftwo
11-27-2007, 10:35 AM
My parents got engaged at a gas station, too! lol Congratulations and best wishes.

msoebel
11-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Congrats! How wonderful for you! I wish you many happy years together!:grphug:

letah75
11-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks to all!!!!!

According to my dad a 6 month engagement is long and he doesn't understand "long engagements". lol, dad is a kook sometimes. :-)

I've already contacted our local priest (Episcopal) and left a message so that we can start our premarital counseling. We are going to get married in the church we met and grew up attending, which is in Oakland, 3 hours from here. But we are going to do our counseling locally.

We both want a "small" wedding with just close family and friends.....which will still number about 100 people. However, we don't want a big reception and junk, just like a BBQ at the church, a party, where everyone can mingle and have fun.

I've never planned a wedding, or honestly even thought about it, so it's a little intimadating even though we both want it pretty low key.

Now he did tease me last night that I could knit him his suit, and if I was going to I'd better get the fingers flying. I stuck my tounge out at him and :teehee:

I am so glad I get to share all of this with you all. This forum is kind of like a second family, and it warms my heart that you give me congrats and smiley hugs and hearts and stuff!

auburnchick
11-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Letah,

Don't let yourself get stressed about the "details" of the wedding. The most important thing is that you and your hubby-to-be get to share those vows in front of the people you care about. I like your idea of a low-key reception. Make sure you make memories that you'll enjoy forever -- not according to others' "standards."

letah75
11-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Letah,

Don't let yourself get stressed about the "details" of the wedding. The most important thing is that you and your hubby-to-be get to share those vows in front of the people you care about. I like your idea of a low-key reception. Make sure you make memories that you'll enjoy forever -- not according to others' "standards."

:muah:Thanks! That's what I'm looking for. My mom says "have the wedding you want, not the wedding anyone else wants." She added that she wanted to get married in a green pants suit, but her mom insisted on a white wedding dress. They agreed on a white party dress. :mrgreen:

Hubby-to-be (HTB? he he) and I are both low key, low stress people, so hopefully things will go fairly smoothly. The main thing he wants are flowers and to be married in 'our' church back home, the main things I want are to be married in that same church, and to have fun. So I think we'll do ok. It'll be a load off when we get the counseling started.

newamy
11-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Good for you doing pre-marital counselling. Lots of couples don't these days. But sometimes issues can crop up that need to be discussed. Years ago when my husband I did a series of pre-marital classes we thought it quite funny as we were the oldest couple there, 24 and 26. Most of this issues we had already worked out. But it was still worthwhile.

newamy
11-27-2007, 02:19 PM
PS:

I took a peak at your blog and sure enough you had your ring pictured there. It is lovely.
I can "hear" your excitement in your posts.

knitncook
11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Awwwww! YOu are marrying your childhood sweetheart!! :muah: Congratulations!

rachejm
11-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Congratulations!

zkimom
11-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Congratulations! What lovely news! Now I have to go and check out your blog so I can see the ring!

Best,
Susan

SnarfyCat
11-28-2007, 02:14 AM
Letah,

I couldn't have articulated it any better. I was in a wedding this weekend of one of my best girlfriends et she et he did it how _they_ wanted it et it was one of the best weddings I went to. No trappings, just some candles in the windows et bows on the family pews. It was wonderful. Simple. Your eyes were drawn to them et their happiness. Remember that is what pledging your life to someone is--your happiness together.

DQ
11-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Congratulations!! :heart: :woot: Your ring is beautiful! My best wishes for a lovely wedding and a long and happy future :hug:

hellokitty165
11-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi

Congratulations ! :muah: :hug: :heart: :woohoo: :thumbsup: :woot: :cheering: :muah: :aww: :yay: :happydance: :angelgrin: :blooby: :waving: :sun: :mrgreen: :clink: :whistle: :present: :balloons: SO happy for you !!!!

Silver
11-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Congratulations!! Best Wishes!!

sue in canada
11-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Congratulations. What a wonderful welcome home.

threesmom
11-28-2007, 10:05 PM
What wonderful news!! Congratulations :woot: and that is a lovely ring:mrgreen: