PDA

View Full Version : PayBacks

ecb
11-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Have you ever had someone do something that was easy for them to do, and then not charge you for it?

I had that happen at a Body shop for my car last winter, while I was waiting for my car I talked at length with the owner and his wife.
Today I walked in the shop and asked if they remembered me;
they did. So I reached in my Purse and brought out 2 Odessa Hats in Malabrigo Azul Blue colorway
I told them, here are your girls hats, they were THRILLED, it seems the kids did not like having to wear LAST YEARS hats today to school

Pay it forward AND back if you can
at least I try to

ecb

rosefields
11-27-2007, 09:19 PM
What a wonderful story! :heart:
Thanks for sharing!

auburnchick
11-27-2007, 09:20 PM
What a nice thing to do! Way to get the season started! :cheering:

ecb
11-27-2007, 10:12 PM
What a nice thing to do! Way to get the season started! :cheering:
I delivered the hats when the weather was COLD
I had one in July, and a second in September (I gave that one away) so when I had 2 that were matching, I dropped them off today
how many of YOU can do such 'random acts of kindness' even if hey are not wholely random, but a bit more of the kindmness repays kindness, as well as pays it forward

I am trying to start a trend of wonderful, wonderous pay it back AND forwards

ecb

Jan in CA
11-27-2007, 10:54 PM
What a great story! I've never done anything like that, but I do try to do a kind turn when I can. :thumbsup:

SnarfyCat
11-28-2007, 02:09 AM
Great story lady!! Helps to get your heart ready for the season et hopefully beyond! Thanks for the smile!

Silver
11-28-2007, 09:32 AM
So sweet of you. It's wonderful to give back. And don't think for a second that we're overlooking the fact that you GAVE AWAY MALABRIGO. Bonus!! :notworthy:

knitncook
11-28-2007, 10:01 AM
My appliance repair lady always goes above and beyond for me. The first time I used her was right after I had moved and my washing machine wasn't working. I was new to town and didn't know who to call, so pulled out the phone book. Amongst all the "Johnny's Appliances" and "Bubba's Repairs" was this one woman's name. So I called it and she came right over. She opened up my washing machine and reconnected a wire that came lose. I asked her what I owed and she said nothing, it didn't cost her anything to repair and she was headed this way anyway. She had brought her daughter so I gave them a plate of cookies to take with them. Other times she has come out and worked on various appliances and includes my son in helping fix them. He now knows how to replace the "dogs" in my washing machine thanks to Linda and he loves when she comes because she explains how things work. I haven't had anything break down in a long time since I started using her to fix things. She will usually look over to make sure that there isn't something about to break that would cause another repair call. You just don't find that kind of service. We almost always give her something else besides a check (like cookies, bread, refill of her coffee mug to go). I appreciate honest people who go the extra mile when it doesn't cost them anything to do so!

Abbily
11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
That's wonderful! I try to pay it forward whenever I can, but rarely do I get such a wonderful chance to pay it back. :)

bethany
11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
see? Aren't you sweet?! Hooray for nice people!

Luvmyrottnboy
11-28-2007, 01:51 PM
A really fun thing I used to like to do (before EZ Pass) was to pay the toll for the person behind me when I went through the tunnel.

Cookies for the toll taker too;)

I get a little something at Xmas for the guy who pumps my gas because he is so nice to my dog.

And the ladies at my mom's memory care home get my extra yarn stash.

stitchwitch
11-28-2007, 03:28 PM
When the hurricanes went through a couple of years ago we had a wicked amount of yard waste for the recycle guys. They never complained and just kept picking it up even though they ran a few weeks late. Now, things have settled down and our yard waste is alot less but we still cram a couple twenties in a Christmas card and leave it on the pile of yard waste each Christmas for the hard work they did way back then.

Sandi
11-29-2007, 12:59 AM
It's the small acts of kindness that people remember forever.
It dosen't have to cost anything, sometimes just a smile, a nod of the head, a thank you note.
It's those things that count if life.....:heart: :heart: :heart:

bailsmom
11-29-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't know if this is an act of kindness or payback, but last sunday we were taking our dog for a hike and I had to pee like you wouldn't believe. So I had DH stop at the gas station and she tells me they don't have a bathroom. :hmm: What gas statino doesn't have a bathroom?? And it was a nice one too! DH was going to get gas, so I walked out and told him to forget it. She lost a customer.

She told me to try the pizza joint across the street so I did and he was so nice and gracious, didn't even blink an eye at my need to pee so I did my business :teehee: and when I came out I told him because of his kindness that we were having pizza that night from them!!

They now have a new customer, that pizza was great!! :cheering:

KnittinKnots
12-03-2007, 10:15 AM
I love to read when someone is doing something for someone else w/o questions or w/o being asked to. This Christmas is especially hard for me this year because I lost my Mom in August, my brother is not talking to me thanks to his dear wife and I'm thoroughly depressed. ANYWAY, I went to our local mall last week and they had two "gift trees" up. One for children and one for seniors. The one for the children was pretty much empty and the one for the seniors was pretty much full. I wanted to cry. So, in honor of my mom I picked up 6 cards and have had so much fun picking out things for total strangers. It's funny, they each asked for such simple things, things many of us take for granted. Thermal long johns, books, craft stuff, etc. So, I decided to go overboard on each one. My daughter has also got in on it and it's so much fun to see what we can stuff in a Christmas stocking for each of them. I just wish I could see their faces. I have always enjoyed giving to people - and I usually do year round, but Christmas time I tend to go overboard. I guess I'm just trying to say thanks to all of you who give of yourself w/o question or expectations. It seems like kindness is a precious commodity anymore and it gives me hope to see others performing random acts of it. Merry Christmas!:muah: