PDA

View Full Version : swaps for hookers?

Lady Violet
11-27-2007, 08:48 PM
do these exist? i told my mom about the winter wonderland swap and now one of her coworkers is interested in doing a swap. the "problem"? she crochets. :teehee:
if there are any of these out there, i would really like to know. how would a hooker fair in a regular swap? it might make things interesting.

Ingrid
11-27-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm not sure that I'd what to know what hookers would swap.:ick:

OH!! You mean crocheters!!:rofl:

Riss
11-28-2007, 12:01 AM
*busts out in giggles* I have to share this...

Last summer, a local small museum had a seminar going for Rug Hookers. They had one of the little reader board signs out front advertising for it, the kind where you just go out and switch the letters. Well, the sign originally said "Welcome Rug Hookers!". That lasted about a week. I have a picture of the sign somewhere saying "Welcome Hookers!". Some crazy thief stole the Rug. Can't imagine why. Now if I'd have walked in there with my crochet hook in hand... Would they have gotten it? :P

I think a crocheting joining one of our knitting swaps would be great. I do both, and for the secret theme swap a month or two ago, I ended up getting both knit and crochet patterns from my swapper. So you just have to let people know what your preference is. Knitting needles and crochet hooks live in the same aisle at A.C. Moore and yarn can be worked with either sticks or hooks.

I'm no authority on it, but I say the more the merrier. :)

cftwo
11-28-2007, 10:00 AM
In the Winter Wonderland Swap I got yarn and stitch markers as my knitting-related things. The yarn certainly carries over for both knit and crochet, though the stitch markers don't. The chocolate is certainly equal-opportunity. :D

Lady Violet
11-28-2007, 10:34 PM
i was thinking a hooker in one of "our" swaps would be kind of neat. yet one more reason why i love being a knitter. they're/you're all just so :grphug:!

Riss
11-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Even stitch markers for knitting can easily be translated into crochet stitch markers. All you'd have to do is swap out the jump ring for a lobster claw jewelry clasp. :)

damabeth
04-15-2008, 08:27 AM
We could start a crochet swap! Grandma