PDA

View Full Version : Pink Eye! BLECH!

msoebel
11-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Dd was sent home from preschool today with pink eye. Her eye wasn't even noticeably red this morning...she usually starts off a cold with a little eye gook, so we didn't think anything of it.

Apparently, it's worse now. And there was a kid in her class last week that had it. His mom decided to let the school know TODAY when he returned to the class. Instead of letting them know so they could clean the room...that room is dd's sunday school room too...so she was playing with all the toys over the weekend.

It's soooo GROSS! (Sorry...big whiney mommy moment!:aww: )

auburnchick
11-28-2007, 02:30 PM
:hug:

I think my dd had it one time. It is gross. Sorry the parent did not notify the school before now. At least you could have been on the lookout.

Sharly
11-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Bless her heart!! I had it once in both eyes at the same time! I worked for a physician at the time, so I'm sure I got it there. It was so miserable. I had to throw away my contacts all my makeup and everything. It was an awful case that kept me in a dark room for a day or two. Then, I went back to work, wearing sunglasses! Ugh!
Give your dd a sympathetic :hug: from me!!

Abbily
11-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Aww, I'm sorry! I hate pink eye. My daughter got it about 5 times in a 10 month period when she was a baby, before they figured out it was because she had a blocked tear duct. :P

Silver
11-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Awww hope she gets well soon! Pink eye is NO fun.

ecb
11-29-2007, 11:16 PM
You may not want to know this

but Breast Milk clears up Pink eye well
I have one daughter who has INSANELY sensitive eyes, ALL drops seem to burn her badly, but after she had a worse reaction to the antibiotic / Steroid Drops than she had from the Pink Eye Itself, I heard this from a friend in the BF support group, and it was CLEAR in a day, I used it for 3 days after the yes ere clear, and it did not come back
She did not cry, she did not get swollen angry eyes, and I missed fewer days of work (because I always pulled her from Daycare of she was contagious, UNLIKE some of the other Parents there)

Just my 2c

ecb

Chikky
11-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Aww... I remember getting this alot when I was in school as a little kid. I have sensitive eyes... and I remember how they itched and how it felt to wake up and not be able to get my eyes open in the morning... Hehe, and how I slept on a sheet, usually in the living room so I didn't infect everything else with it! (Especially the then baby brother.)

amy
11-30-2007, 12:50 AM
I used to get pink eye :zombie: as a kid, I probably had it a dozen times. I was always rubbing my eyes, I think that's why I got it so easily. Do they still treat it with that vaseline-like goo? :ick: That was the worst part!

I remember that my favorite part was waking up with my eyes glued shut, and having to de-crust-ify my eye lashes to open my eyes. I didn't care how gross it was, I thought that part was fun! :happydance:
(Appologies to already grossed out mom! :teehee:)

msoebel
11-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Fortunately for us, it's a very mild infection. She had worse 2 years ago when she was 2...and an ear infection at the same time.

This time it's just a little pink and itchy...but not any goo now, so we're already out of the bad.

Sigh...I would like to just wrap her in plastic wrap before she goes to pre-school sometimes. I swear, she must be the only kid in that class who washes her hands!:ick: