PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Cooker Cookbook

msmelody
11-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Any one use a pressure cooker? Do you have a cookbook? Can anyone recommend a cookbook for a pressure cooker to me? I used it for the first time tonight, and would love to start using it more often.

laptop_knitter
11-28-2007, 04:03 PM
We use ours to make pea and ham soup, and making mash potatoes, but not much else. Have you tried Amazon?

GiddyKnitter
11-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Pressur cookers!!! Well that takes me back to domestic science class at school and we had to use a pressure cooker to cook a cassarole of some sort. Well of course I had to have the one that blew the top off didn't I and what a mess I can tell you and the noise well that was something else. I haven't used one since that day!! I know they are safer these day's but once something like that has happened it makes you very wary. I'm sat laughing now to myself but believe me it wasn't very funny at the time!

Abbily
11-28-2007, 04:20 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my pressure cooker!! I have found all of my recipes for free on the 'net, so I can't recommend any cookbooks, but there are tons of sites around.

msmelody
11-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Pauline, I am sorry about your horrible experience in school, and with my luck, I will probably be hearing that sound.

Abbily, can you recommend the sites that you found your recipes.

I truly hate buying cookbooks unless I get to look at the recipes. I bought a slow cooker cookbook online and most of the recipes were for pork, and I do not eat pork.

I am really hoping someone can help.

Abbily
11-29-2007, 01:27 PM
http://missvickie.com/

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?categ=preparation%2Cpressure-cooker

These are my two favorites, but if you google 'pressure cooker recipes' you'll come up with a ton of sites!

KnittingNat
11-29-2007, 05:03 PM
I love my pressure cooker, though i don't get to use it much. I make meat and potatoes in that (just put them together with some water (not too much and not too little) with some spices. It depends on the meat, the cheaper parts will be dry a bit. I also cook vegetables for salads in it. When i make potato salad, o put the potatoes and the carrots together for 10-15 min and when they are soft enough i cool and clean them and then cut for the salad. Then i add green peas, pickles, mayonnaise.