PDA

View Full Version : The See Clearly Method

KnitClickChick
12-01-2007, 07:41 AM
This is going off Silver's topic of expensive glasses --

A few years ago I had to get glasses. At the time, I didn't have any type of vision insurance at work. They were about $200. The next time I got glasses, I had a discount card, and it cost me over $400!!! Doesn't make any sense to me. Anyhow, that was almost 5 years ago, and about 2 years ago I had a little accident with the glasses and they are now slightly crooked. That annoyed me, so I just quit wearing them, because I just can't afford to pay $400 +.... even with the insurance it is ridiculous. Fortunately, the dr. said that I really don't have a vision problem, my eyes are just strained, probably from being on the computer all day at work. I can see fine, but say, words on a road sign are a teensy bit fuzzy until I get closer. My boyfriend bought the See Clearly Method a while back, tried it once and then just set the videos aside to collect dust. Since my eyes are only strained, I am going to pull out those videos and give them a try in hopes that will strengthen my eye muscles and get rid of the strain. I was just wondering if anyone else had any success with the See Clearly Method??

starburst
12-01-2007, 04:41 PM
I've never heard of it...

I'm technically supposed to wear glasses because I have an astigmatism in both eyes, but I can see well enough that I don't always wear them. It just depends on how my eyes feel when I wake up or how lazy I am.

hummingbird
12-02-2007, 03:54 PM
I'd really like to hear how it works for you. I have to wear my glasses at work and would love to not wear them.
I'm a little farsighted.

rachejm
12-02-2007, 04:10 PM
I also have astigmatism but I think its only in my left eye. I am supposed to wear glasses but I usually only wear them to lectures and when I forget to take them off after lectures - which is pretty much any day when it isn't raining, which in England isn't that many!

bjc1050
12-02-2007, 04:27 PM
The ads always sounded like a rip-off to me. I have astigmatism in my right eye, am farsighted in it, also. My left eye is lazy and getting lazier. I only need glasses for reading and needlework. For my money, I've gotten the best deals at Dollar General or Target. My most recent purchase was at Dollar General for $5. They are 2.75 strength...stronger than I could find anywhere else. They have spring hinges and are the most comfortable glasses I've ever worn.

I got a pair at Target that cost $8 that are very light weight...no frames around the lenses...not quite as strong as the pair from Dollar General, but they are fine for shopping. However, I happened to leave them at my DD's therefore I purchased the ones at Dollar General.

I get the half glasses because bifocals only antagonize my neck problem.

bjc1050
12-03-2007, 01:06 PM
This is going off Silver's topic of expensive glasses --

A few years ago I had to get glasses. At the time, I didn't have any type of vision insurance at work. They were about $200. The next time I got glasses, I had a discount card, and it cost me over $400!!! Doesn't make any sense to me. Anyhow, that was almost 5 years ago, and about 2 years ago I had a little accident with the glasses and they are now slightly crooked. That annoyed me, so I just quit wearing them, because I just can't afford to pay $400 +.... even with the insurance it is ridiculous. Fortunately, the dr. said that I really don't have a vision problem, my eyes are just strained, probably from being on the computer all day at work. I can see fine, but say, words on a road sign are a teensy bit fuzzy until I get closer. My boyfriend bought the See Clearly Method a while back, tried it once and then just set the videos aside to collect dust. Since my eyes are only strained, I am going to pull out those videos and give them a try in hopes that will strengthen my eye muscles and get rid of the strain. I was just wondering if anyone else had any success with the See Clearly Method??
Apparently, there have been a lot of complaints about this "method".
Check here http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/seeclearly.html for further information.

Beware of ANYTHING that sounds too good to be true.

suzeeq
12-03-2007, 03:10 PM
The quackwatch site finds fault with any therapy that's not mainstream. I'd take what's in that article with a whole shaker of salt.

bjc1050
12-03-2007, 05:10 PM
The quackwatch site finds fault with any therapy that's not mainstream. I'd take what's in that article with a whole shaker of salt.

That's not the only site that debunks the See Clearly Method. Just try googling it. There are many sites that indicate that it is a fraud.