PDA

View Full Version : Countonknit flexi circular needles

hellokitty165
12-04-2007, 12:12 PM
http://countonknit.com/begin/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=44

anyone bought one ? did you like it ?? thanks

Plantgoddess+
12-04-2007, 12:33 PM
I was just putting my needle inventory on Ravelry and saw that I have 2 circular needles with steel cables. I haven't used them as yet, but I do notice that they don't curl the way nylon does.
The sizes I have are size 1 and 2 one is 16" the other 29". I think they are at least 15-20 years old so I don't know how they would compare to counton's brand, but they look like they would be ok to work on.

hellokitty165
12-04-2007, 01:04 PM
hi thanks ...do you think the yarn will be caught on the steel cable ??? just like a bracelet ...sometime will caught my fine hair on my wrist ???

Jan in CA
12-04-2007, 01:10 PM
hi thanks ...do you think the yarn will be caught on the steel cable ??? just like a bracelet ...sometime will caught my fine hair on my wrist ???

No, I have a steel cable circ and it works well! It's not quite as flexible as my Options, but I have no problems with it.

Plantgoddess+
12-04-2007, 01:15 PM
I slid some wool I'm workin with back and forth on the cable and it didn't catch, but I don't think it will slide as easily as it would on nylon cable. It might work better with slippery yarns. Kind of like using bamboo instead of metal tips.
I personally wouldn't go out of my way to buy more of these (I think hubby got the one's I have at Goodwill.), but they seem to be as flexible as the nylon cable.

Limey
12-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I slid some wool I'm workin with back and forth on the cable and it didn't catch, but I don't think it will slide as easily as it would on nylon cable. It might work better with slippery yarns. Kind of like using bamboo instead of metal tips.
I personally wouldn't go out of my way to buy more of these (I think hubby got the one's I have at Goodwill.), but they seem to be as flexible as the nylon cable.

Hi Plant Goddess

Many thanks for your input but I don't think that they can be the same needle - the only length available in this particular metal cable is 83cm (33 inches) and no one has got back to me about the yarn not sliding easily; I'm sure they would have by now if it did.

All the Best
Ellie
http://www.countonknit.com

Tar Heel Knitter
12-04-2007, 07:10 PM
I just got my needles from Ellie and knit a swatch of Tofutsies on size 00. I loved the fabric it made (about 10 stitches/inch) and there was absolutely no snagging. The yarn slid on on those needles as well as on my Options needles. I was pleasantly surprised at the flexibility of the cable and very happy that I could get a 00 size.