PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Help Patch

willowangel
12-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Hi everyone :-)

Just thought I'd make a thread about this, in case it got lost in the other post - Knitncook wanted a patch for her shirt, Mason suggested a KH one, and I went to work with KnitPro and Photoshop :-)

Again, if it's not appropriate, tell me and I'll take it down immediately, but I thought it would make a cute addition for knitting bags etc :-)

Hope you enjoy,
Fi xxx

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa179/fiwillow/1320147d.jpg

knitncook
12-07-2007, 09:30 AM
I can't wait to see the first knitted items with this design!

Abbily
12-07-2007, 10:26 AM
LOL I thought this was going to be a thread about a patch for the knitting addiction... like a stop smoking patch? But who would want to stop their knitting addiction?! :)

Willowangel, that's fabulous! :)

mommydearest
12-07-2007, 10:26 AM
I can't wait to see it knit as well. What color would the background be? Maybe blue for the sky? How can I print it - I would love to give it a try (someday in 2008) LOL...

Mary

marykz
12-07-2007, 10:49 AM
that's adorable willow! love it! thanks!!!!!

medic777
12-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Abbily - I think you get those patches at KA:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Knitting_Guy
12-07-2007, 10:54 AM
I guess now I am forced to learn to read a friggin chart. :teehee:

divagirl
12-07-2007, 12:01 PM
LOL I thought this was going to be a thread about a patch for the knitting addiction... like a stop smoking patch? But who would want to stop their knitting addiction?! :)

Willowangel, that's fabulous! :)
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Jan in CA
12-07-2007, 01:38 PM
I guess now I am forced to learn to read a friggin chart. :teehee:

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :thumbsup: :shifty:

amy
12-07-2007, 01:56 PM
OMG, I love it!!! :woot:

I can't wait to see a knit version.
Thanks for making that Willowangel! :muah:

samm
12-07-2007, 04:03 PM
That's a terrific design!!! Now I must abandon all projects and knit something to incorporate it and see how it looks. :0) Hmmmmm..... maybe on a little pouch to keep knitting stuff in? Gotta be a little project because I do have gottaknits underway. Thanks for designing it! Love it! samm

inkaholic
12-07-2007, 04:30 PM

When my boyfriend first heard me mention Knittinghelp.com, he asked me if it was a 12 step program to help me stop knitting (or talking to him about knitting, anyway.)

First you must admit you are powerless over yarn and your stash has become unmanageable.
Second, believe that KnittingHelp can restore you to sanity.
Third, made a decision to turn your lives over to Ravelry.
Fourth, make a fearless inventory of every single yarn, needle, (and hook) in your stash...and put em all up.
Fifth, admit to yourself, DH and any others you've decieved about the extent of your yarn buying problem [Warning: not for the fainthearted!] and the amount of projects you "swear I'm going to finish... one day...."

Anybody else have some? ;)

willowangel
12-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks for all your compliments :aww:

:-)

I'm off to try and make it tonight, must see if I have all the colours, if not.. gosh darn dang it - another s.e.x. tomorrow for them :oo:

I think I'll take on Samm's idea and make a little notions pouch to keep in my knitting bag *grin*

Fi xxx

P.S. to print it - either : click it so it's full size, then right click and choose 'save image'. Save it wherever, then go to it and open it and there should be a print option,
or
right click and choose 'view image', which should get you just the picture on a web page, and then print that out :-)

Knitting_Guy
12-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Well at least ya motivated me to go and read up on how to read a pattern. Mongo understand now.

I assume this would be knit Fair Isle?

willowangel
12-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Yep, fair isle :-) I always hated patterns and avoided them like the plague until I started using lace patterns, now I find it really difficult to go back to written out instructions.... Hope it works out :-)

starburst
12-07-2007, 11:28 PM
How does one go about making a chart for color patterns? I know it seems fairly self explanatory--line up your design with graph paper--but I have been working on trying to get this design to line up and it doesn't seem to work for me

willowangel
12-08-2007, 05:06 AM
It doesn't work on normal graph paper because knit stitches aren't perfectly square - they're usually wider than they are tall, especially in stockinette, so you usually need to use knitter's graph paper which has the grid squares the right size - usually a 7:5 ratio.

I use KnitPro from http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/index.php, where you choose the knitting pattern landscape option and then search for the picture you want, then click it together and it makes a pattern for you. For me, they've usually got a few too many colours, so then I use photoshop to reduce it to the colours I want to use (that takes a while but is easier than figuring it out as I go along).

I'm not sure what you mean by 'line up', sorry :-( Do you mean the chart I put up hasn't worked for you or that you've had trouble making your own one? Let me know if there's anything else I can answer :-)