PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed

ladyjessica
12-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I was just wondering if you all could send out some prayers and good thoughts for my dad. He has diabetes, and a few weeks ago he got sick with the flu, or so we thought. He's had a sore on his foot for almost a year, and since he's been in bed it's almost healed, but now he can't walk, his sugar won't go down, he's been complaining of back pain, and my mom said his urine is really dark (sorry if that's tmi). She just called and said she and my uncle were taking him to the ER, so please just pray they can figure out what's wrong with him and fix it. He's been through so much in the past 2 years, and he just seems to be getting worse instead of better. It just has us all really upset, especially since it's Christmas, so if anybody could pray for him I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

northernlights
12-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi Jessica,
Yes I will pray for him.
NorthernLights

dustinac
12-07-2007, 11:34 AM
:hug: Prayers for you all

Abbily
12-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Oh, Jessica, he is definitely in my prayers. I'm so sorry your dad and your family are having to deal with this, on top of everything else.

msmelody
12-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Prayers for your father and family coming from England.

Denise in Michigan
12-07-2007, 04:50 PM
My prayers are with all of you. Please keep us posted.

Knitting_Guy
12-07-2007, 04:52 PM
okie dokie

Dangles
12-07-2007, 06:20 PM
You got it, Jessica.

Chikky
12-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Already done. Much love and good thoughts your way.

yarnrainbow
12-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Prayers and hugs for your entire family! :pray: :hug: From our hearts to God's ears!

Chikky
12-07-2007, 10:17 PM
From our hearts to God's ears!

I've always liked that saying... :)

CountryKitty
12-08-2007, 08:39 AM
You got it.

Doodknitwit
12-08-2007, 10:14 AM
for healing and peace

cindycactus
12-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Prayers coming your way. Hope your father will be well by Christmas. :hug:

redmom37
12-08-2007, 12:56 PM
you are all in my prayers.

cheesiesmom
12-08-2007, 02:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers to you and your dad.
Diabetes is my family's plague. I have seen all the problems it can cause.

Hopefully, when your dad is doing better he'll try to keep his numbers under control. It's hard, it's depressing, it's tough, but he can do it with some extra love and support from all of you.

jdee
12-08-2007, 03:24 PM
:hug: prayers being sent your way. My dad is also diabetic.

ladyjessica
12-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks so much for all your prayers. (I realize this is a little late :aww: ). The doctor told him there really isn't anything wrong with him except some arthritis, but he also has some kind of infection somewhere in his body, but it's not urinary or kidney. So, it could either be from the sore he has on his foot or it could be from the flu he had at Thanksgiving.

Anyhoo, even though there's really nothing wrong, he's just not right. He still can't walk and he just lays in bed all day watching television. Personally, I think a lot of it is depression because of things that have been happening with him and his job over the past 2 years, and I think he has so much time now to sit and think about how he doesn't feel good that now he can't do anything. If that makes sense.

So, please continue to pray for him. I've watched him go from a big, burly man who went to work every day and then came home and gardened or shoveled snow or worked in his woodshop until all hours, to a thin, old man who can't do anything, and it's really been hard on me, and on my mom. My siblings don't live here anymore, so they don't quite get the full magnitude of how much he's changed.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Just please keep him in your thoughts, especially at this time of year. Also, without going into detail, I'd just like to say that people really need to be held accountable for the things they do to other people, especially good people like my dad.

Abbily
12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Jessica, I will definitely continue to keep your dad in my prayers. I sincerely hope that those people are held accountable, even though I know there is no way they can really make up for the damage they have done. I wish for peace for you and your family.