PDA

View Full Version : Questions

photolady
12-07-2007, 04:13 PM
How much time a week, average, do you spend time knitting?

That includes looking for deals, shopping for yarns, etc., being in here, and knitting.

I guess I spend about 10 hours a week.

Does anybody else in here listen to books on tape, while knitting?
I've listened to tons of books on tape, they keep me awake.

jodstr2
12-07-2007, 04:27 PM
hmm... maybe an hour per weekday, and if I'm lucky, 2-4 hours per weekend knitting for a total of 9 hours per week at the most.
I don't shop much.
in KH, ravelry, knitty, and looking at pretty yarn and stuff I can't afford - online... maybe 4 hours per week total?
so... grand total of knitting-related activities per week - like 13 hours.
I don't listen to books on tape, but I think a lot of KHers do.

Knitting_Guy
12-07-2007, 04:28 PM
For me that varies greatly. When at home it's far more than 10 hours a week. Probably at least 6 hours a day, including everything you listed.

When on the road, probably a couple of hours a day on average. Sometimes more sometimes less. So I'd say at least 10 hours a week.

I watch tv, listen to music, drink beer, hold a conversation, whatever while knitting. I don't do books on tape but I do often listen to old time radio shows on satellite radio. I normally carry my knitting with me wherever I go so I knit whenever I am sitting still. :mrgreen:

bip
12-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I plead the fifth!

Knitting_Guy
12-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I plead the fifth!

I'd rather drink it.

Eccie
12-07-2007, 04:42 PM
I go through phases. SOmetimes I don't want to do anythign but knit sometimes I put it down for days at a time. I guess I aerage to about 12 or so hours a week. i watch tv, listen to pod casts on the puter, over see the doing of the homework, things like that while I knit.

mwhite
12-07-2007, 05:10 PM
I'll have to get back to you on that....gotta finish this row

Knit 3, purl 2, k2tog, huh, what'djusay? knit 4, yo................................................ .................................................. .................................................. ..........................

sinistral_needler
12-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Right now I am trying to get at least 3 hours a day during the week, and over 5 hours a day on weekends, of actual knitting in since I am trying to get a sweater for my mom done before Christmas, and it is a cabled cardigan that is taking FOREVER. It will probably get to be more closer to Christmas depending on how much of the sweater gets done. Research, shopping, blogging and socializing on KH are unquantifiable since I do those all the time.

Knitting_Guy
12-07-2007, 05:19 PM

Knit 3, purl 2, k2tog, huh, what'djusay? knit 4, yo................................................ .................................................. .................................................. ..........................

:roflhard:

Plantgoddess+
12-07-2007, 06:09 PM
I am a winter knitter, my life slows down dramatically when I come indoors this time of year so I spend on average 3-4 hours a day knitting or hanging out here. Come early spring I'm outa here starting my gardening.

snowbear
12-07-2007, 06:30 PM
OK, I'm in big trouble. I think about knitting, read about knitting, both in books and online, and knit an average of 3-4 hrs per day. More on my day off.

Let's just say more than 20 less than 40.. ball park on the more... sometimes, I've gone over that..

photolady
12-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I plead the fifth!

:teehee:

photolady
12-07-2007, 06:47 PM
OK, I'm in big trouble. I think about knitting, read about knitting, both in books and online, and knit an average of 3-4 hrs per day. More on my day off.

Let's just say more than 20 less than 40.. ball park on the more... sometimes, I've gone over that..

Ya know what? I didn't want to admit it, but, since you have said it, I also think a lot about knitting. I guess some knitters are a wee bit obsessive compulsive, eh?

I'll admit something else, and maybe find a few people here who do the same thing:
I have stacks and stacks of yarn. I see pretty yarn, and I HAVE to have it. I have bags of yarn, all over the extra bed, and floor, in one of my rooms. Any of ya'll like that?:whistle: (trying to remain nonchalant about this obsession with yarn)

photolady
12-07-2007, 06:50 PM
I do often listen to old time radio shows on satellite radio.

I listen to XM almost every night. My present show I tune in to is the Rollye James show.
I think she's on channel 165.
I listen to her cause she's female. Talk show hosts are usually male, and like to rant on about politics, which I'm sick of.:yadda:
I love these smilies!

Mulderknitter
12-07-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm on here off and on all day since I sit at a computer at work
I try to knit for at least an hour after work to decompress. I watch tv and knit, my favorite thing to do:yay:
but I THINK about knitting all the time. Does that mean 24 hours a day????:shrug:

Knitting_Guy
12-07-2007, 07:25 PM
I listen to XM almost every night. My present show I tune in to is the Rollye James show.
I think she's on channel 165.
I listen to her cause she's female. Talk show hosts are usually male, and like to rant on about politics, which I'm sick of.:yadda:
I love these smilies!
I dropped my XM in favor of Sirius (NFL). Being on the road it's nice to be able to listen to the channels I want anywhere in the country.

That reminds me, I think the bill is due...

knitncook
12-07-2007, 07:27 PM
It's hard to calculate for me. I knit while I work which involves answering phones. Some days it means no calls and I get 3-4 hours worth of knitting done just at work. Other days my phone doesn't stop ringing and I get no knitting done. I knit almost every evening while watching tv and I knit while waiting at restaurants, riding in the car (when I'm not driving!), killing a few minutes between activities, while visiting with friends, etc etc etc. And that doesn't include all the time I spend shopping for yarn, looking at patterns, reading magazines, purusing books about knitting and websites about knitting and dreaming about knitting. How the heck am I supposed to keep up with all that knitting? :roflhard:

Newbie2Knitting
12-07-2007, 08:22 PM

Ok - this is more like me than I'd like to admit. I'm a SAHM, so I knit a little before I get ready in the morning, when the boys take a nap, and before bed. Sometimes, it the kidlets are playing nicely (& quietly) together, I've been known to sneak in a few rows then.

photolady
12-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I go through phases. SOmetimes I don't want to do anythign but knit sometimes I put it down for days at a time. I guess I aerage to about 12 or so hours a week. i watch tv, listen to pod casts on the puter, over see the doing of the homework, things like that while I knit.

Eccie, I love that yarn in your photo here. Where can I get some like it?:heart:

Eccie
12-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Eccie, I love that yarn in your photo here. Where can I get some like it?:heart:

It's Moda Dea Tweedle Dee the colorway is Blue Heather