PDA

View Full Version : glittery yarn

secretstars
12-12-2007, 03:05 AM
oh man, i hope this is in the right forum!!

do any of you know of any glittery yarn that isn't eyelash-ym but more in the <a href="http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=brilliant">Patons Brilliant</a> vein? especially chunky-weight! i can't seem to find anything. :( anything you can find -- from the super cheap to nice yarns -- would be great!

mhansen
12-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Lion Brand makes a yarn that has a sparkley thread running through it. It's called Jiffy I think but it's not a chunky yarn. Joannes carries it.

Ronda
12-12-2007, 09:24 AM
I can't remember the name of the yarn I used, but I bought a black yarn that had a metalic thread running through it to make a shawl for my niece last Christmas. I got it at my LYS. It was very pretty and very soft.

suzeeq
12-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Jiffy really isn't glittery or metallic, though it has a sheen to it. Lion has Moonlight Mohair though and it's chunky. It's not thick like a wool chunky, but fuzzy yarns are like that, you use large needles with them and the fuzz fills in.

Maddison
12-12-2007, 01:12 PM
www.bargainyarns.com has some! It's semi-pricey but it totally has some nice silver running through in a few brands. It's very pretty. I haven't actually seen it so I can't tell you how soft it is.