PDA

View Full Version : So looking forward to 3pm on Dec. 21..

iwouldratherbeknitting
12-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Why? It's the last day of teaching squirrely (right now) and smirking (some of the girls) and living in the land of DENIAL (some of the boys).. middle school kids. :D

We are all ready for a break.. ALL OF US! ;) So, here ya.. go..
---------------------------------------------
And, since it is a time of stress for most of us anyway.. just trying to make sure all the shopping is done, hoping to select the right things, mail everything off in time, all the errands, etc.
:muah: :muah: :hug: :muah: :hug: :hug: :muah: :hug: :hug:
(sorry for anyone who gets stressed at seeing the cute little icons.. personally I like 'em!' But, then again.. I am easily amused.)

Let's think of sweet things to help me (and anyone else) get through the next week. I'll start.

I adore sweet little kitties... w/ their big ole eyes and little attempts at playing 'attack' the moving object.

CountryKitty
12-14-2007, 08:04 AM
LOL, I have a sweet l'il kitty...who has just about learned NOT to ackle my yarn--tho' last night he lay on his back beside me and attacked my elbow several times!

How about a pair of big eyed chubby-cheeked gran'boys taking their new crocodile sarves for a 'swim' thru' the carpeting!

iwouldratherbeknitting
12-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Cute.. kitty story.. (they are adorable and as soon as I move to back to America- I'm getting a kitty!)

And.. the crocodile swimming scarves.. priceless!

marykz
12-14-2007, 09:15 AM
you deserve a medal for working with middle schoolers- really!!!

Sweet things- my daughter's (age 5) letter to santa. she wrote "pleese" at least 3 times. when she handed it to me, she said "I used 3 pleases to show Santa that I'm nice."

hang in there!

The.Knitter
12-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Nice warm flannel sheets, fresh from the dryer, and a wonderful thick comforter on the freshly made bed, with a good book and a cup of cocoa on a frosty night, after you've just gotten out of a nice tub of steamy scented bath water (or a long hot relaxing shower).

"I simply remember my favourite things and then I don't feel so bad."

marykz
12-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Nice warm flannel sheets, fresh from the dryer, and a wonderful thick comforter on the freshly made bed, with a good book and a cup of cocoa on a frosty night, after you've just gotten out of a nice tub of steamy scented bath water (or a long hot relaxing shower).

mmmm- ok, can I do that now and go back to bed? lol..... (it is just about 8:45 am here)

The.Knitter
12-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Sounds good to me!!!

Abbily
12-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Hugs from my little girls! The best feeling in the world...

My 5 yo didn't write a letter to Santa, but she wants to leave him cookies and milk and a Thank-You note on Christmas Eve! :)

iwouldratherbeknitting
12-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Weather report: Couldn't get to sleep.. got up to get something to drink- looked out the window and at 1:18 on a Saturday morning.. it is SNOWING!

WHY oh WHY couldn't it had done this last night so that we COULD HAVE MISSED a day of school???

threesmom
12-14-2007, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=The.Knitter;1023450]Nice warm flannel sheets, fresh from the dryer, and a wonderful thick comforter on the freshly made bed, with a good book and a cup of cocoa on a frosty night, after you've just gotten out of a nice tub of steamy scented bath water (or a long hot relaxing shower).

/QUOTE]

YES!! That is perfect!! Right down to the cocoa!

My favorite - dancing with my kids to Christmas songs. Even sweeter when they were/are still little enough to carry and dance, but still so nice when they hop about with me!

debinoz
12-14-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm definately not looking forward to it!! My middle schooler is the sweetest one out of them all.... it's the two in highschool I'm dreading. They walk around constantly saying, "I'm bored... I'm bored." I told them I wasn't their activity director on this cruise, but I could find them something to do if they liked.... the laundry and dishes need to be done... and they could always sweep the floor for a little entertainment...

iwouldratherbeknitting
12-14-2007, 08:35 PM
debinoz.. hee hee
You sound like me. You could also tell them: Interesting PEOPLE aren't bored or boring.

Oh, I really hate the 'smirking' and denying it.. they say: "What? I can't smile?" I said, 'Sure you can smile.. when it's appropriate and it's not appropriate to smile.. if your teacher just told you .. YOU HAD detention for something/etc." One should show some sort of 'concern, remorse, understanding the need to correct one's behavior.' A smirk and a look to your best-friend (who is 'across the room- because they can't behave when they are together') to share another smirk is NOT appropriate behavior. Or an example of smiling.NOT

a smirk.. that makes me understand the Bill Crosby quote (I think it was him that said it on tv when I was younger?) "I'll knock you into tomorrow- if you don't stop that."