PDA

View Full Version : GAH!! RANTY RANTY VENT!

SabrinaJL
12-18-2007, 06:53 PM
:!!!:I'm working on Ene's Scarf from Scarf Style. It's SUPPOSED to be an xmas gift for my mom. This pattern is kicking my butt. I keep screwing up and I'm not sure how. I think the yarn I chose is too thin and too variegated. I don't see how it's going to turn into a beautiful shawl like in the picture, because right now, it's looking like a big pile of suck. :wall:

Thank you. I feel better.

Julie
12-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Keep in mind that lace always looks positively awful until you block it. If you want a better idea of how it's going to turn out you can always pin it out...but really, blocking is absolutely magical. :thumbsup:

dustinac
12-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Yep I agree with Julie... I will be working on something lacey and be like eeee gads... but then when you block it...it looks so pretty...even my dh can't believe the difference in blocking lace...:teehee:

knitncook
12-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Joining the blocking chant over here too. Keep on working on it and take the time to block it. You will be amazed at the difference!

mdog182
12-19-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't see how it's going to turn into a beautiful shawl like in the picture, because right now, it's looking like a big pile of suck. :wall:
haha, big pile of suck

SabrinaJL
12-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I guess that's my problem. I've never knit lace before, so I don't really know how it goes. I did order a blocking board and blocking wires that should be here tomorrow. Maybe I'll be pleased with it once it's completely done.