PDA

View Full Version : I started a Knitting Podcast

itsjustmeghan
12-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I feel like a total goober :aww: posting this here, but I guess I thought i'd share my new project with the knitters i've learned so much from!
Let me know what you think!
Stitch It!! (http://stitch-it.mypodcast.com)
and
On iTunes (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=270898993)

:hiding:

Ronda
12-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Ha! Cool! I just got an iPod Nano for Christmas, too!
I see you just finished the FT clogs. I am doing those right now. I finished my first clog last night except for the bumper. I used black yarn for the sole, and I'm having a hard time seeing the stitches to pick up for the bumper!!! Did you put a bumper on yours? I'll look later and see if you posted photos of your finished clogs. :)

itsjustmeghan
12-28-2007, 09:12 AM
i did put a bumper on mine. they turned out really pretty nice,and fortunately, fit my daycare lady perfectly! lucky guess! hahaha the beautiful thing about picking up stitch and knitting on felted stuff in general is, a lot of mistakes get hidden in the felting! so it doesn't need to be perfect. just have a good guess at it! hehehehe.

VictoiseC
12-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi Meghan!:waving: Wow, Ijust listened to your podcast while beginning the back of my Einstein coat and I loved it! Good job.
Interesting about the teaching your fellow office workers to knit, what a great thing.
Btw, what's a bumper on the clogs? I've been meaning to make those for 2 years and haven't gotten around to it yet.
Keep up the podcasts, they're neat.
(I'm about to launch a blog but not just knitting related and I'm very interested in all this stuff). The spinning wheel, what a great gift for Xmas!

cinnamon_girl
12-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks! I'm always looking for new knitting podcasts :thumbsup:

itsjustmeghan
12-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Thank you! :muah:
I'm glad you liked it! I just uploaded episode 2! whew. i now understand why these things take some time to put together! it's also hard to get used to talking about yourself. i'm trying to be concious so i don't blab about my son too much, or blab about other things too much...but, that's me! hahaha
anyway,
the bumper is optional on those fiber trend clogs, and they are just like the bumpers on a bumper car. they're just a rounded chunk that goes around the outside of the clog. i liked the way they look, so i put them on. they're pretty sweet. i think on the pattern (http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/patterns/AC33x.html) it shows them with and without. the bottom pair has bumpers. i think the top pair doesn't, because they opted to sew on the suede sole.

happy stitching!

Silver
01-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I just subscribed to your podcast. I haven't listened to any yet, because I listen to knitting podcasts when I go for my walks in the morning. I'll listen to yours tomorrow morning though! :)

knitqueen
01-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I just discovered it as well - actually I heard about it from Sharon on she-knits. I like it! You have a very easy-to-listen-to voice and good content. And I also have a son named Owen! I'll definitely keep listening and I'm very interested in those breakfast bars you were talking about.

:yay: for you!!!

itsjustmeghan
01-08-2008, 02:38 PM
:aww:
thank you!
i'm glad people enjoy hearing me babble!

oh and those breakfast bars are AWESOME!
i misspoke, and said sesame seeds...i actually use sunflower and pumpkin seeds in mine. made another batch this week with pecans, sunflower and pumpkin seeds....mmmmmmmmmmmm

robynbird
01-08-2008, 03:36 PM
I listened to the first one and I really enjoyed it!

1to1
01-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Meghan,

Why is this in Off Topic? It is so knitting related!!!
Did you all hear her plug KH?:woot:

I've only listened to Episode 1 and will listen to the others while DD is at dance.

Great job, Meghan!:thumbsup:

Carla

bethany
01-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I've subscribed to it and will check it out! Congrats!

Mariblue
01-08-2008, 10:40 PM
I listened to this over the past week, and really enjoyed it. You're doing great, keep it up!

Ronda
01-09-2008, 08:06 AM
I listened to Episode I last week! I enjoyed it!

itsjustmeghan
01-09-2008, 09:13 AM
thank you :muah:
i originally had a post about it in the knitting area, but i felt weird having it there so i moved it. like that area is reserved for knitting related questions. so as much as i TALK about knitting, i just felt like a podcast is "off topic" more then on...maybe i'm just silly. hahahaha

i just interviewed threesmom for my first interview-ee!!!! she'll be on the next episode which i hope to post on friday.
thank you all for listening! :muah:

and of COURSE i plug KH. it's my knitting home! i just feel like a kid going off to college when i'm at ravelry. taking in all the sights, maybe learning something while i'm there. but really tied to my family here at kh! hehe.
:hug:

bethany
01-09-2008, 02:17 PM
i heard episode 3 this morning, which is my first to hear--it was soo good. (Finally!) I've dabbled with others but they were either too hyper or too mellow or too...something else. But yours was wonderful and I felt like I was catching up with an old friend. :) Listening to your New Years resolutions, I thought, Oh, I should do all of those too. :) Congrats to you! And thanks!

Silver
01-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I started with episode 1... its really great! Nice job, and I'll continue being a subscriber. :)

itsjustmeghan
01-15-2008, 12:56 AM
are any of you interested in being interviewed in the future? pm me if you are. it might be a while, but i'd love to hear about you!

knitqueen
01-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Hey Meghan, the Breakfast Bar recipe is veeeery yummy! Mmmmmm. I love them.

itsjustmeghan
01-15-2008, 09:29 AM
yeah!!! i make a batch each week, and they are SO tastey. i snack on them throughout the day...i figure it's better then grabbing cookies...or candies....
i mis-spoke and said sesame seeds instead of sunflower seeds, but i'm sure you could throw some sesame seeds in as well. pretty much any seeds go! yummy!!!

1to1
02-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Meghan,

It is really fun listening to your interviews.

I vote for Amy or Silver to be on your podcast.

Carla

knittingymnast
02-11-2008, 05:15 PM
I saw it! I downloaded it and unsubscribed because my nano got real full.....I will resubscribe soon.

bethany
02-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Megan, I've been listening and I just love it. You crack me right up and I love how you say "and now my Faaaavorite thing"!! ;) Keep it up, your info is great and I appreciate the tone of your podcast. I'm learning lots too and am thinking about how wonderful it would be to spin, dye, knit the project, beginning to end....but for now I'll let others do the first 2 steps! Thanks for a great show!

(And this thread really should be in the general knitting section you silly girl!)

kemp
02-18-2008, 11:54 AM
You've been great Meghan! Still trying to catch up to the current episode :)