PDA

View Full Version : cotton yarn

wimpyts3
01-03-2008, 04:07 PM
:grphug: this year i'am going to make something in crochet and it calls for elite classic nature pallet 100% cotton sport weight yarn , dont have a store near by nearest one is 60 miles one way and need a good sub any help would be great :thumbsup:

cristeen
01-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Is this item something you'd need to be concerned about gauge on (like a sweater or hat), or not (like a scarf or blanket)?

wimpyts3
01-03-2008, 08:58 PM
:happydance:
it is a stuff doll

cristeen
01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Then I'd probably just grab some sugar & cream or something similar. My local Michaels/Beverlys/Joanns has 3 or 4 different brands. I believe they're worsted weight instead of sport weight, so you may need to go up a hook size, and you'll get a slightly larger doll, but that's not a big deal, IMO.

wimpyts3
01-03-2008, 11:34 PM
:muah: thank you i'am a new to all this and thought they would be cute for christmas decorations, you all have been so great on helping . we are in a rual setting and have no real yarn stores around us and so no help or slection on yarn.thanks again .cloud9

aztec_judy
01-07-2008, 02:57 AM
another way to tell about substituting things is the hook it calls for.
most times : D - K (or higher) you could sub any yarn or like peaches N cream cotton with.
Steel hooks are numbers : 1 - 14 and with those you can sub AUNT LYDIAS THREAD - - ROYALE THREADS.

the ones that are from steel 1 - 0 - 00 can be threads or baby yarn sport weight yarns

ones that are 00 - b - c can use threads or baby - sport weights

wimpyts3
01-08-2008, 10:32 AM
:hug: thanks that helps a lot

aztec_judy
01-08-2008, 11:38 AM
your very welcome ...
let us know how it comes out .. ok ..

once you get into really crocheting quiet often .. don't be intimadated by the : easy - intermediates - hard - ... OK ..

grab a hook and try it .. thats what I do. Some easies I have found to be hard, some hards I have found to be easy .. so don't go by ratings of the patts either ... OK .....