PDA

View Full Version : Pity Party - You're all invited!!

Sharly
01-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Where? Here
When? Now
Why? (The paragraph starts here) - Today is my birthday. It's been a pretty good day all in all, other than I fell pretty crappy and came to work anyway. My co-workers and most of my family have been very sweet in wishing me a happy birthday...Here's the awful part: My husband's poor cousin, (who I barely have met, and he hasn't seen in years and never was close to) passed away from ovarian cancer. It's really sad, but I really don't want to spend my birthday evening traveling to the funeral home for visitation. Now, I know that I am being very selfish, and I have refrained from posting a thread, but I am just ready to go home and feel bad and time is drawing near to get in the car and make the trip! To top it all off, now I have a toothache! Happy Birthday to me! :cry:

Ok - I admit, I really only posted this to beg for sympathy! Isn't THAT sad????

KnittingNat
01-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey, we're here for you :hug: Happy birthday to you :present:! Try not to feel bad about it... Sometimes things happen and we can't control them. Just do it for your DH and then treat yourself to a nice dinner. Sending you hugs!

iwouldratherbeknitting
01-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I see that my bad day has now been passed on to someone else. Sorry.. but, I'm glad I no longer have the bad day too.

Happy birthday.. hope you get to do something more fun this weekend as a late 'celebration.'

auburnchick
01-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh, Sharly. I'm sorry about the passing.

Just know that you are giving the ultimate gift to those grieving...comfort and support...during this sad time.

Eccie
01-11-2008, 06:27 PM
*bleah* Happy Birthday :) I find that lots of birthday cake usually helps these sorts of things

misha rf
01-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. That's no fun. But

Happy Birthday!!! :balloons::present:

Spikey
01-11-2008, 07:12 PM
You are completely entitled to feel crappy, with all that has gone on today.
You should treat yourself to some really special yarn as a birthday present to make up for it, or better yet, your DH should treat you!

sue in canada
01-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Happy Birthday anyway. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

bethany
01-11-2008, 11:26 PM
:( Happy b-day though

Knitting_Guy
01-12-2008, 01:33 AM
It's your own fault for not planning ahead and picking a better day to be born!

Happy Natal Anniversary anyway.

NC Girl
01-12-2008, 06:41 AM
Aw Sharly, I'm sorry, but Happy Birthday anyway!

CBH

Nobones
01-12-2008, 08:56 AM
It's your own fault for not planning ahead and picking a better day to be born!

Happy Natal Anniversary anyway.

Good old Masion, always knows the right thing to say!

Happy birthday. Hope your trip is a safe one.

Sharly
01-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!! Especially Mason! :roflhard: I really laughted out loud at that one!!

sakura-panda
01-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Happy belated birthday! I hope you get / had a chance to celebrate it! :thumbsup: