PDA

View Full Version : The Secret To A Happy Marriage...

saracidaltendencies
01-21-2008, 12:53 AM
I thought this was a cute joke :)

A man and woman had been married for more than 65 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover.

In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside.
She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling $95,000. He asked her about the contents.

"When we were to be married," she said, "my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll."

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness.

"Honey," he said, "that explains the doll, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?"

"Oh," she said, "that's the money I made from selling the dolls."

auburnchick
01-21-2008, 01:22 AM
:roflhard:

I would be a very wealthy woman, and I've only been married 18 years.

Nobones
01-21-2008, 05:37 AM
:chair:

I've just mailed that to my hubby, his response was 'women'! :teehee:

knitgal
01-21-2008, 09:51 AM
I love it! Aren't women so industrious?

KnitWit1987
01-21-2008, 10:30 AM
:roflhard: I LOVE IT!!!!

tootie44
01-21-2008, 11:19 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :thumbsup:

ritaw
01-21-2008, 02:20 PM
That is just pure class :) I love it !! Thanks for making me laugh.

Pat in Ca
01-21-2008, 03:24 PM
My hubby got the biggest loundest laugh outta this.. thanks..

vaknitter
01-21-2008, 05:25 PM
forwarded this to my hubby and he said - WOW, you may need to buy more yarn !! Of course then he started talking about wanting a portion of the proceeds....NOT

GennyLynn1962
01-22-2008, 09:07 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Love it!

CountryKitty
01-22-2008, 09:37 PM
LOL, that's funny!:yay:

I'm up days with the kids and Hubby has worked night shift thru'out our marriage---After almost 18 years together when someone asked how we manage to maintain a marriage while hardly ever seeing each other, the standard reply is, "We don't have time to argue!" (Which isn't true, but I've crotcheted one doll....looks like hubby and doubles as a pin cushion!):mrgreen:

Dangles
01-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Great joke ... will have to send it to DH.

LOL, that's funny!:yay:

I'm up days with the kids and Hubby has worked night shift thru'out our marriage---After almost 18 years together when someone asked how we manage to maintain a marriage while hardly ever seeing each other, the standard reply is, "We don't have time to argue!" (Which isn't true, but I've crotcheted one doll....looks like hubby and doubles as a pin cushion!):mrgreen:

:teehee:

Jaxhil
01-23-2008, 03:14 PM
:rofl: :roflhard:

Too funny! I just sent it to my DMIL, DMOM, and my friend Mary. Thanks for the laugh!

NC Girl
01-23-2008, 03:31 PM
:roflhard:

CBH

Dangles
01-23-2008, 03:36 PM
I just sent that to DH, he LOL'd then sent it to others at work haha.

rebecca
01-24-2008, 02:02 AM
LOL, that's too funny. That's a whole lotta crocheting, LOL! But, I'm gonna have to tell ya'll what the really true secret is....it's being married to :muah: Lonnie :muah: , of course! Yes, I firmly believe that to be the truth, of course, I've not been online for most of the past year (health reasons, etc-but I'm okay, very, very blessed) and all of you newbies don't know about the One and Only Lonnie....well, he's the best husband in the world (the short & sweet version, LOL!) It's late and I've not got the time for the entire story:heart:

Debbie
01-24-2008, 05:02 AM
REBECCA !!! So good to see you.

Jan in CA
01-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Oh this is great! Gotta send it to DH..and a few other people. :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: