PDA

View Full Version : Anybody read The Onion?

ladyjessica
01-30-2008, 10:43 PM
For those who don't know, I'll preface this by saying that The Onion is a satirical publication. I get the weekly updates in my email, and I just got this article a little bit ago. I just had to share because it cracked me up. Can you imagine what this would mean for knitters? lol:rofl:

I don't know how to hide the link, so here it is.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/73324

yarnfreak
01-30-2008, 11:27 PM
I generally do, but haven't in some time. It totally cracks me up.

PCwombat
01-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Heeheehee. :D I don't read The Onion often, but it is always funny when I do.

If only the government were that smart.

scout52
01-31-2008, 12:19 AM
oh thanks for that. that was hilarious!!

saracidaltendencies
01-31-2008, 12:23 AM
:rofl:

willowangel
01-31-2008, 08:19 AM
I love the Onion! I got a friend the wee book for Christmas, but sadly he's a bit dim and it took him a day or two to realise that the articles were parodies rather than real things... still, it's an indictment of the world we live in that the stories are perfectly plausible, huh? ;-)

VictoiseC
01-31-2008, 05:46 PM
That is so weird, you posting this... the other day I was down in the village (Nyc) and we went to a pub for a pint and I picked up an Onion. My friend said 'I didn't know that was still published".

I figured it was a Village newspaper, didn't know it was outside of NY.
Look at this one: (thanks I'm going to get their newsletter)

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/study_finds_link_between_being

iza
01-31-2008, 10:26 PM
I love the onion too! :cheering: There's nothing like it to put me in a good mood. Along with cuteoverload, dailypuppy, etc... I need many of these sites to keep my sanity. :shifty: :teehee:

bethany
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
If only the government were that smart.

heheh!

I just told my sister to get an alpaca so she didn't have to cut her 19 acres! heheh

Carrie218
02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
My BF is an Onion reader and I am not a fan -- there was a "bit" about a young girl who went missing and how long it would be before she would obviously be sexually assaulted.

It was truly vile and the number of people who found it humorous frightened me.