PDA

View Full Version : Confused!! About abbreviations!!!

tabithadick
02-11-2008, 12:10 AM
I need help, I have a lace pattern I am trying to work...it repeats in 10 lines over and over. I am confused about the sl 1, and psso. Here is an example...First line...
K1, *K1, sl 1, K2 tog, psso, K9, ytf, K1, yrn, P2, yon, K1, ytf, K9, sl 1, K2 tog, psso rep form * to last st, K1.
My question is concerning...."K1, sl 1, K2 tog, psso, " Now, is it K1, slip a stitch without working it at all, then knitting two together and THEN for the psso is it sl 1, K1, psso,.......Or.......
Do i K1, sl 1, K2 tog, and then pass that slipped stitch over the whole thing altogether....

My problem is, I do not understand if I am to work 3 separate stitches or are they all are slipped together to make one. I am confused about sl 1, is it really just slipping the stitch from left needle to right without doing a thing to it unless it is a psso???
HELP!!!
"sl 1, K2 tog, psso, " Is this three stitches, or is it all slipped together to make one stitch?? help me understand...and is sl 1, really just slipping it without working it , or do i automatically sl1, k1, psso. ?????

suzeeq
02-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Yes, to slip a st you just move it from one to the other. A k2tog results in 1 stitch so for "K1, sl 1, K2 tog, psso" you knit 1, slip the next st, k2tog, pass the slipped stitch over the st that was the k2tog. You'll be making a double dec.

fibrenut
02-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Hiya Tabitha n welcome to the party!!!:balloons:

the ol' k1, sl1, k2tog, psso or variations of it are staple for lace knitting.
here's the fiddley bits in english for ya hun...
knit one stitch, slip one stitch just pass it over to the right hand needle without working into it, then knit two stitches together and now take the slipped stitch, the one you didn't knit into but just put on the right hand needle, now carefully pull that one over the k2tog you just did and off the right hand needle so that it rests around the k2tog. You've just done a double decrease.:thumbsup:

LOL suz; great minds think alike ;D

Jen17
02-11-2008, 12:21 AM
HI,
I just took a lace knitting class today!
In answer to your very last question concerning " K1, sl 1, k2 tog, psso"
You knit 1 then slip one stitch, then knit 2 together, then you take the slipped stitch and place it over the knit 2 together stitch.
Good luck!
Jen

suzeeq
02-11-2008, 12:45 AM
LOL suz; great minds think alike ;D

Of course they do! Yay! <chuckle>