PDA

View Full Version : New Knight Rider

angel4ever
02-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Anyone here watching the new Knight Rider? I was a fan of the original show when I was a kid. I'm giving this one a chance to see how much they have changed the concept from the original series. Val Kilmer as the voice of KITT is tolerable. I'm going to see how I like it as the series progresses. So far I give it a 5 out of 10.

auburnchick
02-17-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm recording it to watch later...

cdjack
02-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Is it a series? I thought it was just a made for TV movie. I also watched that show as a kid. I watched about five minutes of a "Knight Rider" episode a while back. How did I watch that? I know I was ten, but... Same goes for "The Dukes of Hazzard". I loved that show for some reason.

Catz
02-18-2008, 05:33 AM
We haven't got it yet I don't think. Think we're about 6 months behind.

KnitClickChick
02-18-2008, 08:12 AM
I was a huge fan of the original when I was a kid. I don't think this is a series yet, I believe if this movie did well, then they were going to try for the series. I thought it was just ok. I can't see myself really getting into it though. I like the car, but some of the characters.... well I don't understand why they are there. Like the FBI agent lady? The original never was involved with the FBI, I thought the Foundation for Law and Government was a separate entity from any other agency? I wish they hadn't messed with the theme - the original was the best. I understand modernizing the car, etc. but that theme..... oh well, maybe I just like the original too much and don't like change!

ArtLady1981
02-21-2008, 02:13 PM
I watched the 2-hr Season Premiere. I was entertained the entire 2 hours. It kinda reminds me of the Tom Cruise "Mission Impossible" trilogy!

I like the fact that the new Knight Rider is kinda corny. Not too bloody or icky. Not too "real". A fantasy show!

I'll watch it for a couple more episodes. If it goes downhill, or sideways, I'll quit.

texas1107`
02-21-2008, 09:14 PM
I like it. I was a fan as a kid and I like this one too. Without giving anything up, I was very surprised who was at the end, didn't expect that, but, dh guessed it before any of it happened.