PDA

View Full Version : 198 Countries Peace Project

bethany
02-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Thought I'd share this...looks like it would be really cool! In short, a woman is doing a project to have all of the world's countries flags made (knit, crochet, quilted, whatever!) and sewn all together.

http://knotmagick.blogspot.com/2008/01/let-there-be-peace-on-earth-and-let-it.html

**I fixed the link! Should work!

Doodknitwit
02-28-2008, 10:33 AM
link dosn't work...:verysad:

bethany
02-28-2008, 10:47 AM
I fixed it! First post should have working link now...sorry about that....

I requested Croatia...

SophiaRowan
08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Hello! This is Sophia, I'm the one who started the 198 Countries Peace Project. I've been going through, updating some of the information, and I remembered someone told me about a thread they has started here on Knitting Help. I thought I would let all of you know that the deadlines for the project have been extended. You now have until 8 November to sign up for a country, and until 13 December to ship your flag. All of the information can be found on my blog, knotmagick.blogspot.com. There are links in the sidebar to all of the information you'll need--the rules, where and how to ship, and of course, the list of available countries. There are only 23 left, however, so be sure to sign up quickly!

For those of you unfamiliar with the Peace Project, I'd advise checking out the Press Pack (link in blog sidebar), which has all of the public information on the project, including it's goal, and my plans to donate all of the money from the sale of the project to Doctors Without Borders.

If you'd like to find out more, or talk to current participants, we also have group on Ravelry that is fairly active--just do a group search for 198 Countries Peace Project.

All fiber mediums are welcome, from knitting to felting, embroidery, quilting--even painted canvas. Just please read the rules before you begin.

Thanks everyone! Hope to hear from you soon,
~Sophia

SophiaRowan
09-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Just wanted to say that there are several countries still open, if anyone is interested in participating.