PDA

View Full Version : frigging frogging frigging frogging Einstein Coat!!!!!

VictoiseC
03-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Man oh man oh man. Do you ever feel so stupid that you can't even come here and talk about it? I have put this off for DAYS but finally, today, got out the Einstein Coat I thought I was loving and frogged both sleeves... about well, one & a half feet on each sleeve... I put it off for days. I went and asked around about that bulk under the arm, and I decided to try and eliminate it by immediately decreasing each round instead of every 4 rows.

The problem was, I didn't PAY ATTENTION and the sleeves turned out to be too little/tight. I guess sometimes it just pays to do what the darn designer says to do int he first place. Then maybe alter the next one. agh! :frog::frog::frog::frog::frog: One tip: some great music helps frogging! I listened to Ray Davies new album, rock & roll yeah, not my usual but it sure helped

knitaholic
03-02-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm making the Einstein coat, also. I haven't gotten to the sleeves yet--still working on the front panel. I hope this coat is worth the trouble--lots of knitting.

Knitaholic:knitting:

VictoiseC
03-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Well, I think it will be worth it once I get the darn thing done.
Some people say they have worn theirs for years and loved it and made second versions. If I ever do, it will be in something soft like Malabrigo or Manos though... this Lopi is a killer. But I think it will hold up well. I'd be sure to have some smaller projects to alternate with, that's what I've been doing.

truenorth
04-02-2008, 11:28 AM
I have some yarn on order to get started on the Einstein coat - very excited! I am a novice but determined to do this!! I have read all the threads on this coat and hope I can avoid some pitfalls, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of my own!!