PDA

View Full Version : Papyrus for ancient Egyptian heiroglyphics, anyone?

get_her_donne
03-03-2008, 09:41 PM
So, to put it shortly, I'm writing in Egyptian heiroglyphs for a school project, and I would really like to write them on papyrus paper for an authenticish look.
But I don't know if it's sold anywhere or even good for doing a school project on. So of course I must first ask yall knowlegable KHers for some help :)

Even though this is a kind of random and rare need, can anyone point me in the right direction?

knitgal
03-03-2008, 10:21 PM
I googled it and couldn't really find anything useful. It doesn't seem like it is being sold, or if it is, it isn't easy to find.
Something I liked to do in school for that "authentic" look was stain paper with tea. Just use a wet tea bag and drag it along the page. This results in similar colouring to the papyrus paper that I've seen pictures of. I also used to burn the edges of the pages to make it look old (I don't quite know why it would be old and therefore burned?).

Knitting_Guy
03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
www.kingtutshop.com

bethany
03-04-2008, 09:56 AM
OOH! COOL! I was going to suggest you do the paper making thing, but Mason's link is awesome!! I had software forever ago that was heiroglyph fonts....

Simply_Renee
03-04-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't know if this helps, but in Egypt most of the souvenir papyrus is really printed on banana leaves instead- it looks the same but is much cheaper.

Also found a link for you on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/SET-OF-4-ANCIENT-EGYPT-HANDMADE-BLANK-PAPYRUS-24-X17_W0QQitemZ360029624817QQihZ023QQcategoryZ125QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck!

get_her_donne
03-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Thank you!!! :hug: