PDA

View Full Version : Trip To The Frog Pond

Knitting_Guy
03-04-2008, 03:22 PM
It was bound to happen. I was knitting the alpaca vest and thought I was doing well. I had the back about 1/3 done and was looking it over when I saw I had made a big mistake in the ribbing way back at the beginning. Ack! :wall::hair:

It was too obvious to ignore so I started frogging. Wow, what a big pile of yarn!

*sigh* I've cast it on again and am starting over.

First practice run over :rofl:

fibrenut
03-04-2008, 03:25 PM
:waah: Awww man, I HATE when that happens!!!!!
Our condolences to your dearly departed vest.:hug:

dustinac
03-04-2008, 04:11 PM
aww that stinks when it happens...:hug:

Plantgoddess+
03-04-2008, 04:14 PM
So sorry to hear that, but at least you have a few more days before you need more yarn for the next project.

lelvsdgs
03-04-2008, 05:22 PM
That sucks... It happens to all of us... just had to frog a scarf (yes, a scarf:oops: ) 3 times before I got it right... (I'm only embarrassed because I've been knitting almost as long as I've been breathing...)

knit2btied
03-04-2008, 05:47 PM
So sorry to hear that! Does it help that you get to knit it again?

Knitting_Guy
03-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Ah well, the first time was a practice run I guess. The alpaca sure is nice to work with and makes a nice soft fabric.

Pjusken
03-04-2008, 07:28 PM
So sorry to hear that, but at least you have a few more days before you need more yarn for the next project.

LOL what a brilliant attitude!

lelvsdgs
03-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Ah well, the first time was a practice run I guess. The alpaca sure is nice to work with and makes a nice soft fabric.
I have fallen in love with alpaca. I can't use 100% wool but I can use the alpaca and I love it.

dreamsherl
03-04-2008, 08:47 PM
http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/animated/AddEmoticons04239.gif

snowbear
03-04-2008, 10:02 PM
OH well, Knit happens. Just be glad you didn't finish the entire vest before you found the mistake. Glad you've hopped in the frog pound and are emerging.

suzeeq
03-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Yay for alpaca, even a blend! I'm doing a shawl with Bernat Alpaca, which is only 30% alpaca but mmmmm, sooo nice.

tokmom
03-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Ouch! Glad you have a good attitude about it though. I'd be crying as I was frogging.:wink:

KnittingNat
03-05-2008, 05:56 AM
Mason, why aren't you knitting the vest in the round?

boo1
03-05-2008, 07:47 AM
in there.....

I'm frogging the front of a cabled vest. At least part of it. Which probably means all of it since I have a bit of trouble tinking back when there is a cable involved.

Hang in there and I'm sending you 'no frog' vibes for this round!

Knitting_Guy
03-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Mason, why aren't you knitting the vest in the round?

I thought about it but decided to have a go at knitting one flat and seaming it. Gotta learn seaming sometime I guess.

KnittingNat
03-05-2008, 09:08 AM
I thought about it but decided to have a go at knitting one flat and seaming it. Gotta learn seaming sometime I guess.
Don't worry - seaming is not so bad:thumbsup:

Lisa R.
03-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Oh, doncha just HATE that! I always just keep looking at it and hoping it will go away or suddenly start looking alright! It never does. :( Oh well...as they say, you get to knit all that yarn twice for the same price. :)

Jaxhil
03-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Oh no!! Well, at least you caught it (relatively speaking) early on. Still, the froggie pond is NO FUN! :-P

I had to frog a few of rows the other day on an afghan square-nowhere near the pain you went through, but my DH was saying, "you're just gonna RIP it out?!" LOL-Yep. It was too obvious to leave, so there ya go.

Hope it goes better the second time! And how nice that its a lovely alpaca, so working with it longer is not such a bad prospect anyway! :)

KnitTwit
03-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Sorry to hear about your trip to the frog pond, Mason. But you've got a great attitude about it and I'll bet that you don't make that mistake again. :thumbsup:

Sissy
03-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Hang in there Mason, it happens to the best of us.......It good to read a post from you.I havent been on board much lately.......Hope everything goes better this time around.

psipsina
03-07-2008, 05:24 AM
OMG I feel for u!! I just frogged my whole project . . . just a hat but still annoying. Took it off the circulars to check out the fit and it was a bit too big so had to go back to square one. I wasn't too sure about the cable I was using so I think I'm going to switch that too (it wasn't showing as nicely in this yarn as I thought it would). DH laughs at me whenever I whine about having to frog something . . . he says I should be happy because it will be that much longer before I need to go buy more yarn for a new project lol. At least all my mistakes save us money lol.

Knitting_Guy
03-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I screwed up the ribbing again but this time I figured out what I was doing. I am so used to knitting in the round that I was messing up and accidentally knitting the WS like it was the RS in places. Mindless mistake.

I've always said one should go with their strengths so I decided to adapt the pattern to knitting in the round and have restarted it that way. I prefer knitting in the round anyway.

Plantgoddess+
03-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Hopefully 3rd times the charm.

snowbear
03-08-2008, 05:59 PM
At least you learn from your mistakes. I think it's so much simplier to knit in the round. I prefer it also.. It's faster, and easier for me to remember which side is which.