PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream Cupcakes

saracidaltendencies
03-07-2008, 11:50 PM
I found this "recipe" the other day and thought these were so cute! They are super simple to make too...Just get your favorite icing and cake mix and mix according to the directions...Get the flat bottomed ice cream cones and a muffin tin (I found the tin for mini muffins to be perfect). Once the cake batter is made, just fill the cones about 3/4ths of the way and bake for 20-25 minutes. Take them out of the oven, let 'em cool, and add the icing and sprinkles and eat 'em! Perfect for getting the kids involved too!

feministmama
03-08-2008, 12:06 AM
How cute is that!!!!! And the ice cream holder thingies don't melt or crack or anything?

saracidaltendencies
03-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Nope! Kinda scary, actually...hahaha...

nonny2t
03-08-2008, 07:49 AM
I have seen them made them before for a birthday party. They are great because no silverware and plates getting dumped on your carpet. The kids seem to love them too.

cdjack
03-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I forgot about those. My Gran used to make those for us when we were kids and then we got to decorate them.

knitwit628
03-08-2008, 12:41 PM
I love these! I used to have them all the time for my birthday. so yummy :)

snowbear
03-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I made them all the time for my daughter.. and for classroom parties. so much simplier.

I make them now for my grandkids, a lot simplier than cupcakes, nothing to throw away, and it is less messier.

They are awesome. I always use foil in a regular cake pan crumpled to keep them standing up. Fast, and great!