PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't anyone watch Lost?

feministmama
03-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I did a search of these forums and cannot find anyone who watches Lost. THis show is finally getting good and I don't know anyone else irl who watches it either. C'mon people share the love!!!!

msknitter
03-09-2008, 01:18 AM
I love Lost. The writers really work hard on that show and I enjoy the enhanced episodes with some obscure references about where the ideas come from: like what books Lost characters are reading and such are very interesting. Definite addiction.

Jan in CA
03-09-2008, 01:40 AM
I watch, too. I'm just not a poster about TV shows usually. ;) I like it a lot, but am finding some of it confusing this time around.

knitgal
03-09-2008, 09:06 AM
I absolutely LOVE Lost! Are you part of the Lost Knitters group on Ravelry? That's where I post about the show. It's great for hashing out theories.

Silver
03-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I'm a Lost junkie too. Been watching since Episode 1! Whatcha wanna chat about?

jdee
03-09-2008, 10:32 AM
My husband watches, but I never could get into it.

SabrinaJL
03-09-2008, 01:25 PM
I've been watching since the beginning.

sarahzknitty
03-09-2008, 02:24 PM
I love, love, love LOST!:blooby: I would love to be lost on that island with Jack...:flirt:
So what's up with Ben? Good guy-bad guy? Why are Sayid and Michael working for him? Lots more questions and every episode only gives more questions...but I'm addicted.
Go to Find815.com and play the game...it's fun! I'm just having trouble getting it to show that I have completed a couple of activities that I have done over and over.

feministmama
03-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Cool. So I think I know who the "man on the boat" is that Ben keeps talking about. Scroll down if you wanna see

I think its Micheal! I mean Locke saw Walt right? So that;s what I think.

And what is UP with 3.2 million dollars? Why not 2 million? THat's so susipcious.

And the last survivor that's going to be part of the "six" famous survivors? I think it;s gonna be Locke. Remember when Jack read in the paper that one of them died? And no one came to the funeral? I think it;s Locke. That means Chen doesn't get off the island. She;s gonna die????? Juliette is gonna stay cuz she's a doctor too right so she has to get stuck. And then Dan Faraday(I love that actor) I think he's a good guy but I soooooo want to hear his back story.

OK I'll stop now. Can't wait till the next show!!!!!!

Ronda
03-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Funny you should bring this up. I wanted so badly to watch this show. It's hard to get TV time around here, though, so I missed the first several episodes of the first season. Once you miss out, you can't follow along! So I gave up trying to watch it. Just yesterday I was talking about this show with someone. She told me she just started watching Season 1 on DVD. She said she's hooked. I tried renting Season 1 last night, but it was out. As soon as I can find it, I'm going to start watching, too!
Right now, the only show I watch regularly is Survivor. I even FORGET about House on Tuesday nights!!!

auburnchick
03-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Oh, I'm a fan too! It's been a great season so far! :cheering:

feministmama
03-10-2008, 12:51 AM
OK I found the Lost group on Ravelry. They have spoilers!

Jan in CA
03-10-2008, 01:04 AM
OK I found the Lost group on Ravelry. They have spoilers!

How could they? Unless you're referring to someone seeing it earlier than we do. :??

Silver
03-10-2008, 09:02 AM
And what is UP with 3.2 million dollars? Why not 2 million? THat's so susipcious.
I dunno... I gave up trying to make sense of this show after episode 2. :teehee: I like your theories on Michael and Locke though!

I even FORGET about House on Tuesday nights!!!
GAH!!! You f...fff...forget House?? :zombie:

How could they? Unless you're referring to someone seeing it earlier than we do. :??
True spoilers originate from people who work near the show, they leak a little info, and that gets passed around. However, I don't give much credit to spoilers because most of them are just gossip, but they're fun to read. :)

knitgal
03-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Most of the "Spoiler Alerts" on the Lost group on Ravelry aren't true spoilers. They're just to prevent people from reading the thread before they've seen the episode that they're talking about- as it would be a spoiler to them. Some threads truely are spoiler threads though.

Ronda
03-10-2008, 09:22 AM
GAH!!! You f...fff...forget House?? :zombie:
I know!?! I don't know how it happens...:doh:

sarahzknitty
03-10-2008, 02:54 PM
The funeral that Jack went to was not for Locke it was for a guy named John Lantham. My husband who is also a LOST fan found the obituary on the ABC web site after that episode.
And, what's the story with Aaron, does Kate kidnap him, does Claire give him to her, what?
I think Locke stays on the island because he feels he is the new leader of the Others and the island healed him and if he leaves he would be in a wheelchair again.
Thank goodness for TiVo! Thats the best for catching little things hidden in the episodes....like the black smoke monster that attacked Ecko....it had flashes of his past in it(you had to slow it down and go frame by frame). That's how obsessed I am with this show.
Could talk all day, but I wont bore you.

feministmama
03-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Silver I :heart: House too. And then there's another show I'm watching too called Breaking Bad in the AMC channel that is really good too. It's about a school teacher who has lung cancer and has no money so in order to make money for his family he starts selling meth.

ArtLady1981
03-11-2008, 03:18 AM
LOST fan here, too!

Something I truly enjoy is the 'enhanced' repeat that plays one hour before the new episode! I like the subtitle information. Ya can't knit while watching the enhanced repeat however!

I think we are going to see CHARLIE in the next episode! I never "bought" into his death. I think he could have been hauled out by someone (through the blown porthole) after the room filled up.

I think LOST is better than ever this season! I think the writers are putting more brain matter into the plot!!

Yes, DH and I have watched LOST since day one. At first, after each episode, we swore it off...then caved in and gave it another look...and another...and another.

I wish the plucky little cop girl would come back to life. I liked her sassy attitude!

sea-kayaker
03-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Funny you should bring this up. I wanted so badly to watch this show. It's hard to get TV time around here, though, so I missed the first several episodes of the first season. Once you miss out, you can't follow along! So I gave up trying to watch it. Just yesterday I was talking about this show with someone. She told me she just started watching Season 1 on DVD. She said she's hooked. I tried renting Season 1 last night, but it was out. As soon as I can find it, I'm going to start watching, too!
Right now, the only show I watch regularly is Survivor. I even FORGET about House on Tuesday nights!!!

At ABC you can stream all the episodes from all the seasons! :inlove: I love Survivor too...

maniago
03-11-2008, 09:24 AM
I love Lost, we always watch each episode twice. This season is confusing to my husband who insists on playing his video game (EVE) and then asking me "what just happened; why did it happen that way?"

redmom37
03-11-2008, 11:04 AM
me too, I LOVE LOST!! & I am in the group on ravelry, I think maybe Claire is dead:zombie: ?:shrug: .but I don't know ?:aww: .

Ronda
03-11-2008, 04:58 PM
At ABC you can stream all the episodes from all the seasons! :inlove: I love Survivor too...

No way? All the way back from Season I?! Hmmm. I'm going to have to check that out. Only bad thing is I would be stuck at my computer to watch it....

sea-kayaker
03-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Yup, all the way back to season 1! It isn't so bad watching it on the computer... Our TV isn't widescreen so I get widescreen when watching on the computer. And commercials are limited, 4 30 second ads. It's do-able.

We (Lost fans) need to get you caught up!
http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Enjoy!

Knitting_Guy
03-12-2008, 12:04 PM
I was going to watch it but couldn't find it. :shrug:

Jaxhil
03-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Me too~ Love LOST!

I know I've been wondering what happens to Claire, too-I think she must die, I can't imagine her giving up Aaron!

And I hope Charlie comes back to life too :mrgreen: I took the test on which "LOST" character are you, and I am Charlie, LOL.

I agree, ArtLady, I miss the cop-girl too. I think she has no hope of coming back though-she looked really dead :(

ArtLady1981
03-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Yup, somethin's up with Claire.

And, I still think that Charlie is NOT DEAD.

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT! :cheering:

ArtLady1981
03-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Well, my goodness! The father of the lost/dead boy is back on the ship! Jin is dead! His baby is a girl and adorably healthy looking!

Where's Charlie!??? :shrug:

maniago
03-14-2008, 08:58 PM
What about the clip of Jin saying he was only married two months? Was that a flashback or did he come back on a different timeline like Desmond

knitgal
03-14-2008, 10:46 PM
That was a flashback. Jin was in flashbacks and Sun was in flashforwards. Those tricky writers didn't make it obvious though. There were a few clues though, such as the old cell phone that Jin was using and when the man in the store tried to sell him the dragon because it was the year of the dragon (2000).

ArtLady1981
03-15-2008, 02:59 AM
Hey Knitgal! Good observations! Thanks for that!

In watching LOST for the second time tonight (with DH) I kept thinking maybe Jin was alive in another time warp...and it was corresponding with Sun being at the hospital at the same time. She kept thinking she saw him. He kept peering into a hospital maternity room. All too coincidental. Where do these writers get these plots and story lines? Fortune cookies? They must just stuff a bunch of random cool ideas into the cookies, and whatever pops out today is next week's episode!

Oh well, time will tell...no pun intended.

Darn it. I liked Jin. Why did the show have to OFF him? :shrug:

knitgal
03-15-2008, 09:06 AM
No kidding! Artlady, are you part of the Lost Knitters group on Ravelry? It's really fun to hear everyone else's views and the things they catch. I think the general concensus over there is that he might not be dead.

ArtLady1981
03-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I just joined the LOST group at Ravelry today! I read all 13 pages of this week's episode's "spoilers". Phew.

Lots of good comments and ideas. Some I never thought of!

The moderator has a good handle on managing the various Seasons and Episodes. I mean, the Group is well organized by Seasons and Episodes and topics.

After reading all 13 pages of fabulous posts for this week's episode.... I think I don't know what to think! But the up-side is...I more angles to think about thinking about! :eyes: Huh?

:roflhard:

knitgal
03-15-2008, 05:14 PM
No kidding! I love that group, but some of the people on there are a little...intense. They are sometimes a little snippy, especially if someone gets a fact wrong or disagrees. It just think it's all for fun and it's great to have people to bounce ideas off, but if you suggest something they don't agree with....watch out! Haha.
I'm glad you joined though, it's nice to have another KHer there.

ArtLady1981
03-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Hey knitgal! :waving:

Yeah, I'll most likely be a "lurker" over in the Ravelry LOST group.
I can't see myself having anything worthwhile to post! :shrug: I mostly just click the little buttons below each post that says "Interesting", or "Agree".

I never click "disagree" because I'm so confused! What's to disagree with! I have no worthwhile opinion or ideas! Anyone of the posters could be right, and most "bases" are touched upon by someone else!

I flunked "Mystery 101"! Detective Columbo I am not! :roflhard:

I just enjoy see the mystery unravel. :cheering:

photolady
03-15-2008, 09:57 PM
I was going to watch it but couldn't find it. :shrug:

I found it, but couldn't watch it! :mrgreen:

photolady
03-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Where do these writers get these plots and story lines?

Maybe from a hookah and a bottle of wine.

auburnchick
03-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Oh my gosh! I just watched last week's episode (I was in Las Vegas and couldn't figure out the TV schedule).

What a strange one! My daughter and I can't figure it out either...even though I've read y'all's comments. Hmmm...

feministmama
03-18-2008, 10:42 AM
WHOA! i didn't even think of the idea that Jin is the past and Sun is the future. THat makes so much more sense!! But Jin can't die!!!!! He's so nice and so happy to have a baby and...and...and.....ugh this show keeps throwing me for a loop everyweek. But like I roller coaster ride I :heart: it!

knitgal
03-18-2008, 01:40 PM
I came up with a new theory on why the pregnant women are dying. I remember Juliet saying something about the immune system attacking the fetus. Perhaps it has something to do with the healing properties of the island, they make everyone very immune BUT they attack foreign matter in the body (like Rose’s cancer?), so they end up attacking their own fetus, which leads to their demise.