PDA

View Full Version : Curtain pattern

Knit4Pie
03-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Ok, I've got a tall order here. I want to make some curtains, but all the patterns I've found so far are "flimsy". I'm looking for curtains that will prevent people outside from seeing in at night. I also don't want it to take forever, but that's not as important.

There are some patterns I've seen, but with the big lacy holes, I don't think it would give much privacy.

I've also toyed with the thought of using a blanket or afghan pattern and just making it as big or small as I need, but thought I'd see what you all here might come up with first.

If someone comes across something in crochet, that's okay also!

TIA!
Wenda

suzeeq
03-09-2008, 09:51 AM
If you want a light cutting curtain and not a decorative one, I'd go for the afghan pattern as well.

dip's mom
03-09-2008, 11:34 AM
You could make a lacy pattern (I like the one on KnitPicks) and then line it. It would make it less see thru and keep your work from fading.

Knit4Pie
03-09-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm not ready to start yet so I'll see what else comes up, but I am looking for something light cutting rather than decorative.

I want curtains in my daughter's room without having blinds or a shade, because the windows open from the side, and in the summer I don't want to have to deal with the blinds or shade banging when I leave the window open, kwim?

cmk
03-09-2008, 05:06 PM
When I had curtains made for the bedrooms, they used a special type of lining that cut out the light. To decrease the amount of light coming in, I think the curtain will have to be solid or line a lacy curtain as dip's mom suggests.

Casement windows were a problem for me. I ended up purchasing a honeycomb blind (?shade) and had a valance above it. (Mine was for the kitchen above the sink so I didn't have to worry about the blind banging)

One of my sons' room had Roman shades, but they were also lined.

Good luck!