PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Oddball Baby Blanket KAL - Soft Worsted Weight Yarn

Pages : 1 2 [3]

sue in canada
03-09-2009, 10:33 PM
The red border looks great Christine. It is good to know that the blanket is going to someone so deserving.

The.Knitter
03-10-2009, 05:57 PM
DH and I went to Sick Kids Hospital today, met with little Nolan and delivered his blanket to him. Poor little man thought I was just another stranger coming there to do something to him that was going to hurt. He kept saying "oh no" "no, please" and "no, don't" and covering his eyes. We only stayed five minutes because the nurse came in to tell them Nolan was to have an EEG so they had to take him to that. It was nice to actually see someone receive one of the blankets, but hard as heck to see such a beautiful little boy suffering. No pictures are allowed to be taken inside the hospital except in the PR area on the main floor, so I am sorry I don't have one to show you. Trust me when I tell you, he is a handsome little man!

P.S. If you are a praying person, please pray for this little man. He needs every prayer and positive thought we can send him!

sue in canada
03-10-2009, 10:48 PM
I am so glad that you got to deliver the blanket Christine. It is heartbreaking to see young children suffering so in hospital. I hope our blanket gives him some comfort. I will be thinking of him.

CMRab
07-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Just got a note from Nolan's Mom. He is strong and starting his maintenance chemo soon. His blanket travels with him to the hospital and he likes to have his mom read all the special messages that where written to him.

The.Knitter
07-04-2009, 09:45 AM
That's great that he is enjoying his blanket. Thanks for the update!