PDA

View Full Version : Woman runs red light....

photolady
03-27-2008, 04:19 PM
this is chilling...NO CARS were coming, when he began crossing...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/pedestrian.asp

Jan in CA
03-27-2008, 04:24 PM
:shock:

fibrenut
03-27-2008, 04:40 PM
DA-YUM!!!!:zombie: :passedout:

PurlyGyrl
03-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Oh. My. Goodness.

campbellmom549
03-27-2008, 05:16 PM
:passedout:

gingerbread
03-27-2008, 05:44 PM
OUCH oh my gosh I must have rerun that video over and over. :passedout:

get_her_donne
03-27-2008, 08:17 PM
:shock: one of my friends got in a wreck today too...thank goodness it wasn't as bad as that, eep!

mks22300
03-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Whoa...

Rabbitrescuer
03-27-2008, 09:03 PM
unbelievable!

princess
03-27-2008, 09:27 PM
ugh, the driver that caused it was 75. Dont get me started on the elderly and driving. i dont remember where, i think it was in my statistics books but there was a chart on the number of car accident and age relation and it did a big U from 16 to the 70's. It angers me that they dont make the elderly take road tests, no offense meant to them but they become such a danger on the roads as they get older. We had to force my grandma to stop driving recently and she claimed if the government lets her we should too, we felt differently however.

im not trying to be biased, i know that everyone makes mistakes, but i did a persuasive speech on it once and the numbers you find related to it is scary

Spikey
03-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Wow! That is incredible!

Jaxhil
03-28-2008, 12:18 PM
holy moley!

Cynamar
03-28-2008, 12:22 PM
I would never advocate yanking licenses but maybe they should be tested more frequently after a certain age.

photolady
03-28-2008, 01:01 PM
You NEVER know what can happen, in a day.
This fella was just minding his own business, probably on his way
to a class, or just coming from school, judging by the backpack.

This is a good reason to know where you're going, after you die.

Belphoebe
03-28-2008, 01:49 PM
That man has one HUGE guardian angel! :angelgrin:

The.Knitter
03-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Wow! The poor guy just could not run fast enough. How is it he is still alive? That is incredible.

Debkcs
03-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Incredible footage! It just wasn't the day he had to face up to his eternity.

Did you notice that he was walking against a red light?

'Princess', I've seen 16 y.o. drivers who drive well, and 75+ y.o. drivers that drive well, and a whole lot of others who don't. It depends on the driver.

Jax3303
03-28-2008, 07:44 PM
I've seen 16 y.o. drivers who drive well, and 75+ y.o. drivers that drive well, and a whole lot of others who don't. It depends on the driver.

This is exactly why I think the legal driving age should be 18 instead of 16, why I feel the tests should be more difficult, and that we should have to retake a road test every 8 years. There are just too many lives at risk for the testing to be as easy as it is. And the whole no recertification thing just doesn't make any sense.

photolady
03-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Incredible footage! It just wasn't the day he had to face up to his eternity.

Amen!

No, I didn't see that he was walking against a red light.

photolady
03-28-2008, 07:54 PM
This is exactly why I think the legal driving age should be 18 instead of 16, why I feel the tests should be more difficult, and that we should have to retake a road test every 8 years. There are just too many lives at risk for the testing to be as easy as it is. And the whole no recertification thing just doesn't make any sense.

2 true stories about this, and one observation:
a relative of mine was getting senile, but, she didn't know it. Her driving became quite dangerous, and she ran into a couple of cars, before she was convinced to stop driving. It was hard for her to give up her independence.
another relative of mine, her mind sharp, and her reflexes good, voluntarily gave up her car, because she had a heart condition, and was scared she might one day have a heart attack at the wheel, and kill someone, because of her vanity.
observation: teen drivers are sometimes, (SOMETIMES) so busy listening to music, or flirting with other drivers, or drinking, eating, talking on cell phone, or driving intoxicated or high, that they should be required to be tested MORE OFTEN, perhaps, every 6 months, than adults.

princess
03-28-2008, 10:47 PM
'Princess', I've seen 16 y.o. drivers who drive well, and 75+ y.o. drivers that drive well, and a whole lot of others who don't. It depends on the driver.

i agree with that statement, i think teens should have the road tests and required practice/curfews etc etc that they do. I just think something similar should be put into place for the elderly because statistically those are the two age groups at highest risk of accidents and fatalities.

hummingbird
03-31-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure how this turned into a discussion against teen drivers. When I started driving you had to be 16 and have 25 hours driving with an adult. I've never had an accident and never had a speeding ticket. Every person is different, and a whole group should not be punished because of the actions of a few members.
My younger sister just got her liscense, and she was required to have 50 hours of driving with an adult. I find it strange that driving requires so many hours. 40 hours of flight time is the minimum required to get a pilot's license.

Krystal
03-31-2008, 11:12 PM
You NEVER know what can happen, in a day.
This fella was just minding his own business, probably on his way
to a class, or just coming from school, judging by the backpack.

This is a good reason to know where you're going, after you die.

Well he was 42, and crossing against the light. I would never say he got what he deserved because no one deserves that ever.

But... lesson learned.

I hope.

Wow! The poor guy just could not run fast enough. How is it he is still alive? That is incredible.

Yup. He was definitely lucky. If you read the blurb below it states he was pronounced dead and then started breathing en route, and then doctors fully resuscitated him.

That was insane.

Dangles
04-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Egad!

knittingymnast
04-05-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm too scared to see it! I'm SO afriad of blood and stuff like that......What happened? No gory details puh-leez.....

vaknitter
04-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Not sure that having to retake a road test or yanking the license of people who reach a certain age is going to keep people from being distracted while on the road. I am sure that we are all guilty of at one time or another of talking on our cell phone, fussing with the radio, talking to kids in the backseat etc while driving. Most of us have just been lucky enough to look up at the last minute and stop before running the red light or when we ran it there wasn't a pedestrian.
My grandmother drove a car without an accident on her record until 3 wks before her death at 84. If her license had been randomly pulled prior to turning 75, she would have been cut off from her life for more than 10yrs ! She lived independently in her home outside a small city. She drove almost everyday to the post office, library, grocery store, etc.
I will step off my soap box now.

feministmama
04-05-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm too scared to see it! I'm SO afriad of blood and stuff like that......What happened? No gory details puh-leez.....

THere's no blood. It's from a traffic Camera so its far enough to see without seeing too many details. But what you see is an ordinary crosswalk with cars waiting at a red light. Someone is crossing the street perpandicular to someone speeding through the intersection, just then a car crosses horizontially through the screen hitting the car which smashes into the crossing pedestrian and landing on top of the pedestrian. The End