PDA

View Full Version : Funky Smellin' T-Shirts

saracidaltendencies
03-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Ok, maybe someone here can help me...lol...I have this problem with all of our white cotton t-shirts...They always smell weird...Like hair bleach or something. I wash the white's in warm water, use the same detergent for the whites as I do all other colors, use dryer sheets, the exact same as I use for the other clothes, and, all our other clothes smell great after being washed, but, the white t-shirts ALWAYS smell funky!

I have no idea what causes this problem, or why it's only the white cotton t-shirts. I've tried different detergents and dryer sheets, but, no matter what I use, that weird hair bleach like smell is always there.

Has anyone else encountered this problem??

kbagel
03-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Do you dry them on high while you dry your other clothes on lower temps? I've noticed sometimes at the laundry mat the dryers have a tendency to smell like rubber when they're on high. Man o man I wish I had a washing machine and dryer.

saracidaltendencies
03-30-2008, 11:26 PM
I use the same dryer setting on all the clothes, that's part of what confuses me...The only thing I do differently with the white's is I wash them in warm (or hot, if there are socks and undies in there too...lol) while everything else is washed in cold. Next time I will try a lower dryer setting though, maybe that's why they smell weird! Thanks!