PDA

View Full Version : Phyllo top

heykaren
04-02-2008, 04:22 AM
I saw this pattern on ravelry

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/phyllo-yoked-pullover

and have absolutely fell in love with the look of the pullover. I am going to be in the US next week for a visit, do yīall think IĻll have a hard time finding the pattern? Would a LYS or the library be the best place? :??

Karen

Mirl56
04-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Certainly check the library system where you visit; it's possible they'll have it (just checked mine and it doesn't have it). An LYS may or may not have it, they may have more limited space for books.

You may have better luck at a bookstore, Barnes/Noble or Borders. Check Amazon and other on-line bookstores; they may have it discounted cheaper then you can pay in a brick & mortar store.

iwouldratherbeknitting
04-02-2008, 08:08 AM
I agree that a bookstore is the best place to look for this. I purchased mine from Amazon.. since, I also live overseas.

The only problem with going to a local USA library.. unless you are a resident 'most' libraries won't let you 'check out materials'.. however, if you have a friend that is a member of a library they could check it out for you to look at/use.. and some libraries do have Xerox machines that you could use to make a copy of something- you usually have to pay 10c a page for copies.

However, it sounds like you'd like to own the book? Then, I'd purchase it.. the book has some really great patterns in it.

IF you want to see what the book cover looks like.. go to my name in ravelry and look in my 'library' .. I think it has a photo of a child wrapped in something knitted??? Anyway, you'll see the title of the book.

Also, if you go to Amazon.com 'sometimes' you can look through a few pages of the book...

heykaren
04-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Holy cow, Iwouldratherbeknitting, thatīs some library!!!!!! :inlove: I donīt have any books yet, but am planning on checking some out at Barnes and Nobles. Do you bring them all with you where you are stationed?

Not sure if I want to buy the book or just check out the pattern. But it looks SOOO pretty... just gotta try it!!!

Thanks!

Karen

knitasha
04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Here's a link to the book that contains the pattern.

http://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Nature-Designs-Inspired-Patterns/dp/1584794844/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207154446&sr=8-1

iwouldratherbeknitting
04-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Some of the books I brought with me when I moved here 3 years ago, however.. some I have purchased in the past 3 years through Amazon.com and they just mail them to me..

I love amazon!!!