PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Harlot Book Launch (Pic heavy)

knitgal
04-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I went to the Yarn Harlot's book launch last night and I had a great time! I was standing in line waiting to buy my (signed!) book and she popped out of a door right beside me. I was literally standing 3 feet from her. I couldn't even say hello, I was too excited!
It opened with some prizes for the Scavenger hunt and then a performance by Andy Maize and Michael Johnson. Then....she came out and the first thing she did was take a picture of the audience. She was just hilarious, I haven't laughed so hard in my life. She told a story about getting locked out of her hotel room in Calgary in only a pair of baby blue underpants with "cowgirl" across the backside- enough said!
There's also a picture of me at the launch with our Canadian Baby Blanket "Mud Pie" that will be donated to Sick Kids Hospital. Everyone was knitting before and during. It was great!

sue in canada
04-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Glad you had such a good time. Fancy Mud Pie being with you in the audience. Great pic.You can write that in the journal although non knitters won't know who she is. Let us know what the new book is like.

Plantgoddess+
04-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow am I jealous. I just discovered the Yarn Harlot this past winter and am catching up on her blog archives and have an audio recording of her 1st book. I love listening to that. She is not getting any closer to me than 300 miles away and that's a bit to far.
Congrats on getting to see her live. She inspires me to be more adventurous with my knitting and not to be afraid to take risks, after all the worst that can happen is you frog it.

feministmama
04-02-2008, 06:35 PM
SOOOooooo jealous but yeah you!:cheering:

Eccie
04-02-2008, 06:41 PM
That's awesome. I'm jealous :P

dustinac
04-02-2008, 07:14 PM
:yay: I'm so glad you got to go!! Looks like you had a blast...:woohoo:

benniesma
04-02-2008, 08:09 PM
It sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to see her in person myself. Her book tour is actually coming near me in a week! Yay!

:cheering:

cristina61
04-02-2008, 08:55 PM
So glad you got to be there for the launch. I was lucky enough to see her last spring on her previous book tour; my mom and I drove two hours to see her and it was worth every minute of the journey!

I don't think I'll get to see her this time around but I'd encourage anybody who can to go. She's SO clever!

WandaT
04-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Oh that sounds like so much fun!!! How exciting!

Simply_Renee
04-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Too cool, and thanks for sharing! I love her!

raederle
04-03-2008, 05:29 PM
(to the Gonna Be song by the Proclaimers...)

"Oh I would drive 700+ miles,
then I would drive 700+ miles more,
just to be the crazed-Internet-stalker who'd drive 1400 miles within 48 hours to see the Yarn Harlot in Denver cuzthat'stheclosestshe'scomingtoElPaso
and fall down at the Tattered Cover's do-o-o-or....."

But sadly, I got so excited to be spontaneous and crazy, and drop in on family with only a few weeks' notice, then realized magical thinking had once again set in, for I have two meetings on Saturday that I need to attend in order to uphold volunteer responsibilities. Since I'm the leader of one of these groups, it's really not all that optional.

Stupid personal responsibility! Always getting in the way of fun!

Just you wait, Yarn Harlot, just you wait. You can't elude me forever. Someday, you will be visiting the same town as me, and then it's ON. Full-fledged stalkerdom shall commence.

le sigh.

Plantgoddess+
04-03-2008, 05:50 PM
(to the Gonna Be song by the Proclaimers...)

"Oh I would drive 700+ miles,
then I would drive 700+ miles more,
just to be the crazed-Internet-stalker who'd drive 1400 miles within 48 hours to see the Yarn Harlot in Denver cuzthat'stheclosestshe'scomingtoElPaso
and fall down at the Tattered Cover's do-o-o-or....."

But sadly, I got so excited to be spontaneous and crazy, and drop in on family with only a few weeks' notice, then realized magical thinking had once again set in, for I have two meetings on Saturday that I need to attend in order to uphold volunteer responsibilities. Since I'm the leader of one of these groups, it's really not all that optional.

Stupid personal responsibility! Always getting in the way of fun!

Just you wait, Yarn Harlot, just you wait. You can't elude me forever. Someday, you will be visiting the same town as me, and then it's ON. Full-fledged stalkerdom shall commence.

le sigh.:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

knitncook
04-03-2008, 06:02 PM
I've not been able to read her blog since the one where she walked to town "just up the road a piece" sent me into an asthma attack from laughing so hard! Now that I have new meds and an emergency inhaler I may be able to chance it!

Glad you had fun! Isn't funny how we idolize people that other people have never heard of. You should hear my dh go on about getting to meet various Linux gurus! I just stare at him blankly like I know who he is talking about.